Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have any Extender chip with 23* timing in lower gears and 21* in third. I am getting transitional knock (up to 18*) when the trans kicks down or from a slow roll. I do not get knock when into third gear. Would going to 21*/21* help alleviate this? I am using 93+denatured with 22# boost. Alcohol comes on at 10# and pump is at max.

------------------

Jim: 87 GN with: TA-49/PTE .63 housing; stock motor, transmission and converter; MSD 50#; CAS V-4; 3" DP; ATR 2.5" SS exhaust; 62 mm Hemco; Translator w/3" MAF; Bigmouth air system; SMC alcohol; Walbro 340; BFG DRs; and Extender 100 chip with 21* timing. Best ET/mph with w/93 octane + alcohol were 11.961/117.05.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
You could add a solenoid and a second nozzle to your SMC kit to come on when the knock alarm fires to help combat transition knock.

The lower timing may help... not sure.

HTH

hmmm this is post 666 for me, maybe you should just disregard it.

[This message has been edited by PRSRIZD_V6 (edited May 09, 2002).]

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestion PRSRIZD_V6. This problem just started when I moved from FL to NC. The car is the exact same way it was when I drove it up from FL, but I did not have any knock in FL. Maybe I'm a little higher elevation in NC. Hope you survived post #666.

Steve--I have the Extender with Translator but I do not know anything about what you are referring to. As far as I know, I would have to have the chip reprogrammed to remove low speed timing.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Steve. I will ask Bob Bailey about a chip reprogram to what you are running with ME (21/22/23). My motor mounts are OK and I can't find anything that appears to be rattling and causing false knock.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just went out and hit the test button; the spray light came on but the engine did not bog. I jumpered the pump and it did not run and I reverse jumpered it and it did not run. Guess the pump is bad. Anything else I need to test? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll take the container/pump with me to BG. Maybe Steve Chlupsa will be there and I can get a new one. Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts