Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about forward thrust movement and it relationship to tranny line pressure. I have heard about pressures in the 200lb range. Are these numbers not confused with internal pressure?

Seems like the little rubber tranny hoses we use would not handle 200+ lbs.

Anyone?

·
Registered
835 Posts
jstahl said:
Thinking about forward thrust movement and it relationship to tranny line pressure. I have heard about pressures in the 200lb range. Are these numbers not confused with internal pressure?

Seems like the little rubber tranny hoses we use would not handle 200+ lbs.

Anyone?
The lines don't see 200 psi, they will see i believe 40-50 max. 200 psi is normal and a good pressure from the pump on a good operating 200, some builders like higher 250-270ish but i have been running 215-220 at WOT with good results for the past few years.

·
Registered
835 Posts
jstahl said:
So where do you measure line pressure? The supposed pressure that will cause the converter to move forward?

there are a couple of ports that you can use. On the drivers side just above the and forward of the shift linkage there is a 7/16 brass plug that you can remove and use a pressure gauge on. :)

·
Registered
732 Posts
JDSfastGN said:
there are a couple of ports that you can use. On the drivers side just above the and forward of the shift linkage there is a 7/16 brass plug that you can remove and use a pressure gauge on. :)
I agree.

The cooler lines will "see" pump pressure if you restrict them enough.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.