Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1986 Grand National
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I blew the tranny up today on the just past Hog Back Mountain on Rte 9 in Vermont. (Wilmington) On the way to the track with my bother in-law. Looking for a day away from everyone. But…

It is slipping in 1st & 2nd, will not shift in to 3rd or 4th. Limped it back to the cabin in Guilford, VT. Then it started making noises.

I had it have it towed back to CT. Sound like a loose bolts in side the tranny, the tow truck driver things it's the TC, I think I lost a vane in the pump. The Tow Truck driver asked me like 4 times If I wanted to sell it.

I put a used converter in, I should have known better.

Time to start shopping

·
1986 Grand National
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Greetings all!

I just got a call from Jerry’s Transmissions (My local tranny shop .75 miles from my house). They pulled the tranny the converter is welded onto the pump and there was/is a bunch of metal in the pan.
They asked if I had another core incase the housing breaks when the try to get the converter off. It is really stuck on there.

Look’s like a total rebuild, I should have done this from the beginning. So people another lesson learned. When you try to cut corners IT DOES NOT PAY! Do it right from the beginning! :rant:

The updates will continue.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Jerry's
Brian and Paul are good guys
They built my tranny back in 2002 still running strong.
Talked me into a ProTorque convertor back then.

·
1986 Grand National
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes , they are . I went to school with them. (Well Paul any how). They did a Th350 for the olds 10 years ago it held up very well.

They are honest also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts