Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm heading out to the Drag strip this morning. Hopefully all goes well. I was suppose to have my chrome moly driveshaft this week but it's not here.:( So, I'll do light launches and run 19psi of boost with 18' of timing and see what it can do. Wish me luck!:6:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi Nick
I ran my car last saturday and demolished my drive shaft on my 2nd pass.Had not run the car at the track in 10 years,only change since it went 12.10 was a ta-60 turbo so was hopeing for an 11 sec pass.First pass left at about 2 psi and had the boost turned way down to 14psi for a baseline and went 13.1 at 103 with 2.0 60 ft,never got this car to do well on the 60 ft before at the track.I really wanted to work on my 60 ft times that day. So cranked the actuator a couple of turns and got back in line.Left at about 8 psi lanched real hard went about 20 ft and the drive shaft broke at the rear yoke,took out my mufflers and pipes and tore up the floor pan a bit under the rear seat,ds is at a 90 deg angle now.

Anyway are you going with the heavier 1350 series u joints and yokes,
thats what I am going to get, hate to see this happen to your low miler.
Also anyone know ho much lash there should be at the rear yoke when you rotate it back and forth,mine seems excessive,maybe the rear diff needs a look to.

Gary

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gary, were you picking up race gas at Autoparts Center? No more track for the low milage. That is why I got the summer beater. I have a chrome moly driveshaft with 1 ton u-joints that I got from Boots at the AutoParts Center, via Bear Performance.

Last time I went out it was raining and I only got one pass in. I started with 14psi and raised it to 18 during the run and went [email protected] Last year I spun the tires hard, lost number 5 cylinder(lifters collapsed) just after the 1/8 mile and ran [email protected] That was on straight pump gas and 18' of timing so I was pretty happy with that.

We'll have to get a few guys out to the track next year!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yes c16 from Boots at Autoparts Center,my driveshaft was chrome moly also,
had it made at Wesley Machine,but had stock u-joints.I am going to go with the 1350 series now.That is a real good time on pump gas.Yes want to get to the track a few times next year.Looking for a car trailer, been towed home twice now from the track.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hopefully, no damage to the car? My yoke and u-joints are 1 ton 1350.

My 60ft was in the 1.9's, the 11.86 run I got 1.85 60ft which surprised me because of how hard I spun the tires off the line. This was with the converter unlocked also. I think it would have been an easy mid 11 at close to 120mph with the converter locked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts