Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody see the Disney movie Cars? One of the cars seems to be based on a Monte or Regal, it does have the Turbo Bulge on the hood, and big Buick grille. Anyway, it was a cool movie, lots of ties to NASCAR, etc. :headbang:

Attachments

·
Keep the Rubber Side Down
1,161 Posts
How was the Omen?

THREAD HIJACK!

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I'll be damned, it really does look like a TR, huh? I could live without it being green, but....

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I just went to the website and read that car's 'bio'. His name is Chick Hicks and is reportedly a villain....I had hoped so!

·
NOW AVAILABLE ON DVD
2,284 Posts
I saw it on Sunday. I noticed the grill layout and it really resembles the early buicks, but I didn't notice the hood bulge until now.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I seen the movie last night and the tail light look like definaly a Monte Carlo ,but as I watched more of the movie, the grill started reminding me of a Regal :yup: At this point I still have no idea what the heck it is :crazy:

·
Registered
207 Posts
My daughter swears she hears the turbo spooling :headbang: I wonder where she got that from :D

·
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
490 Posts
DCEPTCN said:
I just went to the website and read that car's 'bio'. His name is Chick Hicks and is reportedly a villian....I had hoped so!

Villian?...has to be a Buick then!! :headbang: :6:

·
Gotta love the autobahn!
2,726 Posts
insane6 said:
I seen the movie last night and the tail light look like definaly a Monte Carlo ,but as I watched more of the movie, the grill started reminding me of a Regal :yup: At this point I still have no idea what the heck it is :crazy:

It's something they bought off of ebay. :) The Frankenstein G-body!

·
It's a 'G' thang
1,071 Posts
I saw it tonight. I thoroughly enjoyed it. :headbang: Mater was freakin' awesome. It's a Buick/Monte hybrid I'd say. The rear windows and rearend have the contour of a Monte, while the front has the Regal grille and hood bulge. IMO. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.