Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I line up the bottom and the top doesn't match,I line up the top and the bottom doesn't match.Put a new TPS in, but same thing.Do I need a new throttle body or is there an adjustment for this problem?WOT is lined up at 4.6, bottom goes up to .72.Need some help here dunno

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Was it ok before & this just happened? Some say to slightly enlarge the openings on the plastic openings to give a little more play to the TPS, but if it was working & just went bad could be a ground? I have a similar problem although more complex but many who gave advice say check the grounds. dunno

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Line the bottom up at .44 and with good IACV counts too.

Then report back what the WOT TPS reads, car off not running with the key ON test.

Move the floormat out of the way and use your foot for the WOT test. :)

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Not quite sure what you mean by line up...but, loosen both screws, push the sensor all the way forward as far as the slots will allow you to push it. Then rotate the top of the sensor back to an idle value somewhere in the high 30s to not more than about .44....(does not make any difference what it reads as long as it is less than .47 with the engine running)

Then check the wot reading (engine off)-anything above 4.0 is fine. Needs to be 4.0 to kick the ac compressor off when you floor it.

As salvage said, be sure the floor mat is not in the way.

You can check my site under basics/tuning for more details if you like.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, Ill try moving TPS all the way forward and turning

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
when I get the idle between .42 and .46 my WOT shoots up into the 4.9's.Ill try moving the sensor a little more and see what happens schizo

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Steve headbang

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, I slid the TPS all the way forward and turned it accordinly and it lined up perfect.The only problem now is on the original TPS setting (low on wide open throttle) is how the car was set.its reving higher and Im getting more knock.But its all good.Ill just re-tune.Thanks for the tip all. cheers

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts