Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
arkansasfiddler
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
am in a quandry; eased the throttle valve down a bit to help a high idle prob; checked the tps voltage at 5.1 volts, backed it down to about 4.36 volts; but when i started slowly opening the throttle valve , the voltage slowly climbed to over 1.5 volts. i could not seem to get it set at the right voltage. went on a test run and everything was fine (off idle response, curb idle etc.) in the continuims opinion , is this normal?

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
The throttle position sensor is a rheostate, so it is a variable resistor by nature. It should read a different voltage for each movement of the gas pedal.

Go to my site, click on Basics and read the sections on tps and iac. Idle speed should be controlled by the computer when the iac and tps are set correctly-not by adjusting the iac screw. :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
how do i adjust my iac tho... do you simply depress the plunger? i found that my iac is new and it seems slow? i have a decent cam and find that at times will stall,or will hunt... like go from almost stalling at 650 to 700 to 1400...and wont stop until i tap the gas to level it out...i think the iac is mis adjusted...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Go to steve's site http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/ then click on "basics" (not tuning) in the left column then read the "Throttle Position Sensor Adjustment" and "IAC Adjustment" information.

As Steve said YOU do not adjust the idle speed, the computer does. If its high its because some is wrong...

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
It's under Basics :)

Follow the instructions :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts