Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember reading once, if you place your TPS over 3.25 WOT it shuts your Air Conditioning off (problem I've right now> No AC). Is this correct? Should a person still set it over 4.50 as recommended by gnttype.org? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
What your talking about is just a feature that kicks the A/C out under really hard acceleration or WOT. I don't think this would be causing your lack of cold air. The TPS runs at idle around .38-.45V to a WOT range of 4.2-4.6V. Do you have a scanner? You could always jumper the wires on the TPS to check your zero and full scale readings and span, but I don't think that is your problem.

Is you’re a/C low? Did you press in the shrader valve to see if anything comes out? When did you first notice that you have no A/C?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A/c

I noticed my A/c wasn't working at the end of last year and I read somewhere (can't remember) that by have the TPS over 3.25 at WOT will automatically shut the A/C off and make it blow hot air all the time. However, you're saying it only stops blowing A/C at WOT (maybe thats my problem, I've a heavy foot :D) I had the A/C re-charged 3 years ago and would be surprized the systems lost all it's freon as it doesn't blow any cold air.

Thanks again for your help Nick.

·
Addicted to BOOST
810 Posts
Doesn't matter how heavy your foot is, it would still blow cold at idle or when at a cruising speed. Your problem is either a low refrigerant charge or electrical.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.