Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Mark,
How many errors in this commentary did you find ?
1979 blue Trans am that started the Smokey and the Bandit cult following ? Um no that was a 77 and it was black ...a 1999 factory hotrod trans am SLP ? Um no that looks just like a standard 99 Anniversary... and the big one ....1968 Shelby GT350 ???? Um no again ,1965 or 66 . I get Autoweek and love it but maybe they should stick to writing...LOL and hope things are well with you.

·
car crazy from birth
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dave -
I think that I was too exited about the whole collection - plus waiting for the GN - to focus much on the errors. The "1968" Shelby :rant: was so glaring that I probably took everything else with a grain of salt after (and before) that.
I can't remember which of the TAs (and Camaros) SLP built, either (C.R.S.).
In print (especially on line) AutoWeek can fix the errors (and they make plenty), but not so easy on something like this with audio and video(?)

Doing OK here, very busy at work (sure beats the alternatives:))
Hope you are getting better.

Mark

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
How bout the TTA at 1:30? Pretty cool little collection.

edit: duhhh just realized I missed that part of the initial post....

·
car crazy from birth
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How bout the TTA at 1:30? Pretty cool little collection.
Apparently this is in the "print" issue as well, there is a copy shown over on the TTA forum (I haven't found that issue yet:()

Mark

·
Registered
239 Posts
Apparently this is in the "print" issue as well, there is a copy shown over on the TTA forum (I haven't found that issue yet:()

Mark
Mark, its the Aug 6 issue with Ford Focus ST on cover. Most likely on newsstands yet if you can find it. No mention or photo of the GN in the article so you're not missing anything.

·
car crazy from birth
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Found the issue in my "mail pile"... I am a long-term subscriber, just a little behind in my reading.
Interesting that they mention the GN in the Video, but not the written piece... while the TTA is specifically noted in the article, but not the Video :dunno:
Also they note the guy's 1976 Cutlass (seen in picture)... my wife had a '77 when we got married - nice car, but a dog (slow and poor gas mileage - what a combination!). I guess he is "sentimental" about his first new car?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts