Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
SCONE WIZARD...
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to call Summit Racing here in a little bit... to order my valve springs [CC 980s] and i'm thinking about buying some street stickies..

I could care less about anything except for traction on the STREET. I have a set of 26x10x15 M/T slicks for the track.

Here's what i've nailed it down to...

1)M/T ET Street - 26x11.5x15
2)BFG Drag Radial - P275/50R-15
3)Hoosier Quick Time DOTs (NOT the quick time pros) - P275/50D-15

All of the above are a 26" tall tire with a tread width of 10".

Whic if these three tires do you guys think (or have experience with) hook the best on the street, at the stoplight, backroad drag racing etc....

THANKS in advance!

------------------
Steve Ruston
1987 Turbo Limited

·
Registered
817 Posts
The hoosiers you mention are those the dirt bosses??
I remember somebody telling me those were the best sticky tire they ever used. and theres a tread pattern on them so the local heat wont really bother ya..
the only downside i can see is when ya burn out with em they make a really different sound, a definate attention getter..

------------------

1987 GN
pte 53,55's,Only reds chips!!!
Vince janis built trannie
t-brake
7-disc 9.5 vigilante
New shortblock
TA performance custom cam,and bearings
Ta rear girdle
steel mains, and RJC girdle..Prolly lots more just tired of typing

·
Registered
132 Posts
The Nitto drag radial seems to be the tire of choice here in Orlando. 275/50 x 15. They have a nice radial tread patern and seem to last for a while. There is also a soft compound radial recap available which I have been using for a number of years. I use a 245/60 x 15. Good Luck.

------------------

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
I favor the Nitto's.

I got about 8k miles out of them, with heavy track use and A LOT of daily driving on them. Actually I am amazed at how long they did last. I am estimating about 60-70 passes, all with mega burn outs. Not to mention the 8k miles of regular tire use.

I challenge anyone with BFG's to try that (or drive in the rain for that matter).

------------------

Stock Turbo, Stock Heads, Stock CAM, V4, MSD50's, TH DP, JayJackson 62mm TB, 16position MaxEffort Chip. 3750# with Driver
12.35 & 108.39 Street Trim
11.92 @ 111.77 Race Ready
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts