Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning on getting out more than once this year to the races--but need tires. Here where I'm at, airport runways seem to be norm for racing events. My question, what would be a good choice for this type of surface? Car is stock with the mandatory basics performed, open exhaust. I am open to DR's if they will hook, suggestions?

·
Registered
293 Posts
ET Streets will hook better than DR's, but can be a little scary if you're not used to them

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How far can a person drive to the track on these--any limitations?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I drove 50 miles one way to the track on ET Streets without any problems. Just don't drive them on the street if there is ANY chance of rain.

·
Registered
819 Posts
tonka:
How far can a person drive to the track on these--any limitations?
I drive 40 to 50 miles one way to the track on ET Streets. Just pump them up to about 25 psi for street and about 14 to 15psi at the track. I didn't have any street "tires" until just recently. Just two sets of wheels with Mickey Street ET's on both sets. I wouldn't go cross country but plenty good enough for short to medium length trips.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Are the MT ET streets especially "fragile" for street driving ?? (car is an occasional weekend driver)

Years ago I had some M&H "DOT" sticky tires, the sidewalls were so thin & floppy I doubt they would have withstood contact with small potholes. In fact, the semi-idiot local tire dealer damaged one M&H tire just trying to put it onto my wheel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts