Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Why have one ?
5,676 Posts
ya ..I read the article when it came out ..nice ! one thing that caught my eye was the lift numbers on that relatively small duration cam . i wonder if thats a miss print .
**228/226 duration at .050, .629/.598-inch lift, 114 LSA**

"After upgrading the turbo and adding aluminum heads, the V-6 did not want to stay together. A blown set of head gaskets and burnt piston or two was the last straw. It had been 10 years of struggle and strife "

Wakey Wakey... smell the Eggs And Bacey ! :D

·
aka: mOtOrHeAd MiKe
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It isn't in their cam catalog... so it must be custom?
Welcome to Futral Motorsports

Once I get this Gen I SBC up and running I'll begin work on a turbo LSX project.

·
Why have one ?
5,676 Posts
It isn't in their cam catalog... so it must be custom? Welcome to Futral Motorsports Once I get this Gen I SBC up and running I'll begin work on a turbo LSX project.
most likely is a custom grind . Im running a custom ground hyd roller 238/232 duration at .050, .607/.607-inch lift (1.7ratio) , 115 LSA . and that by no means is a stupid crazy cam . Maybe he's one of those guys that likes to keep his cam specs a secret and put it out there to throw people off . :)

Dam...you must have a lot of spare time . :D :)

·
blank
2,898 Posts
"Being struck by another car during a race turned out to be somewhat of a blessing in disguise, as Ryan was able to use a good portion of the insurance money to upgrade the engine..."

Interesting insurance coverage?

·
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"Being struck by another car during a race turned out to be somewhat of a blessing in disguise, as Ryan was able to use a good portion of the insurance money to upgrade the engine..."

Interesting insurance coverage?
StateFraud?

·
Why have one ?
5,676 Posts
Mike ..have you been reading the lsx/LS threads on the other board ? makes me think i should of maybe gone that route . :D . too late now i guess..engine is getting dropped in this weekend . :)

·
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mike ..have you been reading the lsx/LS threads on the other board ? makes me think i should of maybe gone that route . :D . too late now i guess..engine is getting dropped in this weekend . :)
Aside from the basic architecture being very sound, it is the software that I really appreciate.

Good luck on the install!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts