Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The time has come to sell my 1987 GN. Can anyone offer advice on how to go about selling it: things to post, how to show it to buyers, how to screen them, how to not get the car ripped off, etc.?

Anything you can add would be great. Thanks very much.

BS

·
Registered
486 Posts
This site is on it's way out. You'll get more exposure and information at turbobuick.com for a sale. Personally, unless you need the money...I'd hold onto it as it's not a good market to sell right now. If you decide to hold onto it...take a look at ihadav8.com.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I agree with the previous person. If you must sell it just use craigslist its super simple and dont let people test drive. Just use common sence when selling a car list it high you can always come down. Right now the market sucks. If you can wait until spring thats a much better time to sell.

·
Registered
486 Posts
This is odd.

Yesterday, the word "money" in my post was underlined and opened a pop-up. Today it's gone.

See the pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
1. Clean car thoroughly
2. Post car for sale on craigslist, autotrader and other sites
3. Show car to potential buyers
4. ?????????
5. Profit

:dunno:

·
'86 GN
1,435 Posts
Research prices in your area, start high enough but not too high, lower the price when and if you can. Good luck.

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Never tell them where you live or where they can see it stored unless indoors & SAFE!! IF they are serious they can meet somewhere when you have time.
Not your work etc either. The bad ones are sneaky so you have to weed them out! :yup: :crazy:

PS: A test drive means they have $1K in Cash to give you to hold just in case they break it.

·
Sick Sick Six
566 Posts
I agree with williambavila when he says "Don't let anyone test drive it". I learned the hard way. I let a guy take mine around the block and he blew the headgasket for me. So, instead of selling the car for the money I desperately needed, I had to sit on the car for almost a year before I could get to fixing it. It really sucked!

If anything, take the guy out in the car as a passenger.

·
'86 GN
1,435 Posts
Ditto

1 - 9 of 9 Posts