Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
too many toys
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been a long run but now that I have parted ways with my GN its time to say goodbye to the forums. I would stay on but since my car was basically stolen from me I cant be bothered with this anymore.

To all those who have helped me over the years Thank You.

Goodbye all
Teamgn87

·
David
839 Posts
Its been a long run but now that I have parted ways with my GN its time to say goodbye to the forums. I would stay on but since my car was basically stolen from me I cant be bothered with this anymore.

To all those who have helped me over the years Thank You.

Goodbye all
Teamgn87
The story is ???

·
Older than dirt
2,718 Posts
Huh???
"Basically stolen"??

·
too many toys
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Long story.
Had my engine rebuilt by a shop in the fall of 2010. About 200 miles later it started to burn oil very heavily. When I spoke to the shop they said to bring it in. Now it is the start of winter so I said since i have to trailer it 250 miles I will bring it in early spring. They said ok. I brought the car to them in early spring of 2011 and showed them the problem. They said they would check it out and get back to me. For 2 YEARS all I got was bullshit and excuses as to why the car wasnt done. They finally call me in March of this year with "bad news",the motors cylinders are all bad (out of round according to them) and it cant be saved. They also said they didnt want to get involved with trying to find another block. Hello? Your a GN performance shop, youve got blocks all over the place.
Then convieniently they have a buyer for my car. Hes willing to take it even with the bad motor because hes going to build a stage motor for the car . Talk about timing right? So I drove down the following week with the title to make the transaction. When I got there I see my car sitting outside all waxed and detailed with someone elses plates on it. How the hell did they do that when I still had the title? Not to mention I could see a front mount in it as well (no I didnt have one). Boy they got to work on it pretty fast huh? Funny how all this happened isnt it?
Needless to say I sold them the car and went on my way. I know I should have sued their thievng asses but I wasnt able to keep driving back and forth so I cut my losses. Sometimes you dont get what you pay for. Lesson learned

·
aka: mOtOrHeAd MiKe
6,603 Posts
What the f*ck?!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Knowing that information when you went their with the title, you didn't figure to call the cops on the spot?!

·
Older than dirt
2,718 Posts
DAMN!!

Sorry to hear that...And who may this shop be??? Might be a good idea to out them, and possibly save someone else the grief you went thru.

I think I'd have said, " thanks for at least cleaning it up, and installing the IC".
Loaded it up, and left.:D
Or, as mentioned, call the cops, file a stolen car report, and sit back and watch when you show the cops the title. They run a check on the VIN & plates, and the shyt hits the fan.

·
Registered
461 Posts
stolen?

Shop name "please"! Sickening, our member got the royal shaft. IMO, 250 miles is not a great obstacle when it comes to a man's GN! Hope they paid you good value?

·
too many toys
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well by this time I was so fed up I let the car go. In hindsight I should have called the cops but I wasnt thinkin straight.
And gentlemen, the shop was Andersens

·
too many toys
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As far as fair value goes, they gave me $8k for the car but since I paid $6k for a motor I never got I guess I really sold it for $2k right?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well i'm ready for a mob attack if anyone else is in? Trust me i pretty much had this situation the opposite way around....I went to a car dealership, nice local place like 20 minutes away. Drove the car, which they had jumped to later on hear. Did all the paperwork, traded in my 2009 Dodge Caliber SRT4 stage 1. They gave me a couple grand. 15 minutes into driving it back to the house, i overheated and had a pushrod hit a piston. needless to say, they had wiped their hands clean of the situation as i got pulled away on a tow truck. Looking back, i could have done what you contemplated. In the end, things somehow work out. Hopefully they all get lou gehrig's disease.

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
wow... from a big TR shop like that i'd never expect that.

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
wow... from a big TR shop like that i'd never expect that.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Oh2FKENMoM]who in the blue hell are you? - YouTube[/ame]

·
Registered
81 Posts
I don't know this shop and we are only hearing one side of the story but, the bottom line with most of these performance shops is that they are barely getting by and they will take short cuts anytime they could to make more money and when warranty work comes back to them they will most likely have some BS excuse to make you pay. Fuk shops like that, I would never bring my car to a shop except for a dyno tune...have no choice at that point. There aint no fuking way I would of left my car sit at any shop for 2 years, that's fuking crazy!!! Should of taken your car back and fixed it yourself or brought it somewhere else and then get a lawyer and sue him although, even if you won, you probably wouldn't of gotten a dime from him, those guys usually don't have much as far as money and property(in their name)....so i's not worth the effort. The bottom line is that if we own these cars we have to do our own work and if not, expect to pay a lot for mechanical work and get burned every once in awhile. In the car repair business there is a higher percentage of unscrupulous mechanics then there are good/decent mechanics, it's just the nature of this easy to get into business and this attracts the flys that can't do anything else in life so they fuk people over!! Although, I have met some really good/decent people in the repair business in my 25 years of tinkering with cars so, they are out there. Sorry to hear about your bad news....sh*t like this pizzes me off. If I would of seen my car all nice and shiny I would of called the cops and shown them I am the owner of the car and taken it back....fuk them and they would of been getting what they deserved!!! So, let them get a lawyer and try to collect from you!!! I'm glad i heard of the name of the shop....I'll pass this around to other GN owners....I live in the Tri-State area!

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts