Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
going with my friend who is shotting on some mid/low 9s after some tuning and learning how to drive again, he only has 2 passes in the last 3 years. i also made a bet with my ty builder that the gn would hit a 11 this thrusday with my 49 and no race fuel.

lets get some buicks there. 2 weeks ago a gnx and 2 gns where there.

·
Will Boost 4 Boobies!!!
2,768 Posts
I'm going to try to make it Thursday, shooting for a 12 second time. I look for ya Don! :6:

·
aka BURNRBR
874 Posts
atco on thursday

ok let's have some fun on Thursday, are you comin Mikey?

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i may not be ready to run although i may stop by still. still not able to change settings on my tt chip for some reason, i even swaped it with another chip and still can not change things, i will work on it a bit after work tomorrow and see what i can find.

i will be out next thrusday unless i get afterhours work

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
still going to head on out and maybe try some tunning, did not get to do everything i wanted to with thwe car but i will play some anyways

see you all there

·
Registered
503 Posts
Raist103 said:
i may not be ready to run although i may stop by still. still not able to change settings on my tt chip for some reason, i even swaped it with another chip and still can not change things, i will work on it a bit after work tomorrow and see what i can find.

i will be out next thrusday unless i get afterhours work
Do you have the A/C type adjustment or the gas pedal? I have the new gas pedal adjustment and it works fine.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just got back, what a night, started off bad went from 12.2 @109 110oct last time out to a 12.7 @ 103, did some tunning went to a 12.6 @ 106 then more [email protected] 108.5 then a last run going for the 11s 12.2 @ 109 back to where i was on 110 oct now with alkey and 93. another 4-8 passes and i will have the 11's plus i am sure a 90+ day was not helping me. jay and carmelo came i will not even say what happened to carmelo but i was not happy to see it. jay had some tunning issiues and i think his tire and verter is most of the problem, maybe better times next week if it is cooler.

also found out no matter what i crank the wastegate to i can not get more then 25psi???

i have the newest tt chip, i have had 3 now and all have been fine, i got a pm from eric telling me to try some thing out and it worked. great chips.

·
aka BURNRBR
874 Posts
Carmelo's luck

took the car to Billy (Wed) for tunin and he got it on the bulls eye, the car was runnin beautiful all day on the street so i decided to drive it to Atco to have some fun on the new DRs, fill it up with 9 gallons of 116, did a medium burnout, staged the car with 8 lbs on the brake and whoomp the left rear tires came off, again! well, i had it towed to Mikey in Waterford and it may need all new set of hardened studs (L & R) and possibly left drum. again with all those dramas i'm still one lucky bastard coz it could have been worst, can you imagine if i didn't let go and maintained it WOT?

·
Never ending process!
2,288 Posts
:eek!: :eek!: :eek!:

Thankfully you are OK!!!!! I'm sure Mike will hook you up and you'll be on the road again soon.....I'll be back one day soon..Looking forward to seeing that beast of yours running again!!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
2swoosh said:
took the car to Billy (Wed) for tunin and he got it on the bulls eye, the car was runnin beautiful all day on the street so i decided to drive it to Atco to have some fun on the new DRs, fill it up with 9 gallons of 116, did a medium burnout, staged the car with 8 lbs on the brake and whoomp the left rear tires came off, again! well, i had it towed to Mikey in Waterford and it may need all new set of hardened studs (L & R) and possibly left drum. again with all those dramas i'm still one lucky bastard coz it could have been worst, can you imagine if i didn't let go and maintained it WOT?

Hopefully you didnt hurt the paint. Do you have 1/2 inch studs in it?

·
Will Boost 4 Boobies!!!
2,768 Posts
Yeah cool hanging out and getting to run....things that sucked were that
1- I ran slow
2- Carmello broke

Well I am going to post(when I get a chance) my slip and mods and stats about the car and you guys be judge. Just doesnt feel like its making the power it should be....stay tuned for my post.

·
aka BURNRBR
874 Posts
EightSecV6 said:
Hopefully you didnt hurt the paint. Do you have 1/2 inch studs in it?
that's what Mikey gonna install in it, got an inch crack on the bottom part of the molded flares.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts