Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a month ago my GN lock up wide open throttle and I had it towed in to local shop,

WE started on it last week taking off the top dog house plenum to look for the screw,

COULD not find it there, but today upon closing the top back up and starting it, the mechanic upon my orders, started it up, there was a sure sign of there being something wrong with the # 1 CYLINDER, HE REMOVED THE SPARK PLUG, STARTED THE ENGINE again , AND THE DEBRIS CAME FLYING OUT OFF THE CYLINDER THROUGH THE EMPTY SPARK PLUG HOLE IN NUMBER ONE,

Last I heard today was they needed another spark plug because the engine had a miss on that cylinder and the original spark plug got hammered petty good,,, I told them to put in a 24 autolite gapped at .030 and fire her up, IF it still has a miss , I won't know untill tomorrow,

I do not care if it is OK or I got big trouble, IT is just an excuse to throw a set of champion irons on her, I am just hoping that the piston is not toast !

Spending money on TURBO BUICK ENGINES IS FUN !!

EXPERTS< PLEASE CHIME IN

REGARDS< BLACKHAWK 38 TURBO E

·
Post Ho
3,628 Posts
I would think the piston would be ok if it was only a small screw.Mine was ok.Remember your other thread about the screw?I posted that I had a similar problem and the screw ended up in the #6 cylinder.I didn't even check the head or valves.I had some different heads that I was going to put on the car anyway.One of these days I should check that head and see how it looks. :crazy:

·
Registered
732 Posts
If a leak down or compression test is ok. I would "jump in and fire that mother up".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts