Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
to stop water from circulating thru the tb. We used to believe the hot water would warm up the air charge and harm performance. Not much truth to that, but, we all plugged them...most of us anyway. :)

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
i read on an LT1 forum that it would give you 15-20HP just from plugging those lines- i called BS and got flamed and everyone stopped talking to me so some people still beleive that lol.

it makes no difference wether they are plugged or not unless your in alaska where the TB could freeze

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
air passing thru a small, polished surface at high velocity does not have time to get warmed. :)

·
Premium Member
4,825 Posts
Not to mention if your intake charge happens to be 185 and the throttlebody is "heated"to 160 how much heating is it going to do?

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
I have them plugged on the GN and the hoses still hooked up on the TTA. I don't see any difference that's for sure.. I guess it's a mind trick that makes you think all this heat is being transfered around the tb! :dunno: :D :cheers:

·
nero v. 2.0
3,323 Posts
Like a Jedi mind trick? :dunno: :poon:

·
Dont visit foreign SITES
3,092 Posts
And on cars like the 5.0 87-92 Mustangs guys disconnected their lines ignoring the fact that the egr plate was sandwiched between the manifold and throttle body. On those cars the coolant lines was to take the heat away, because of the EGR.....alot removed them thinking they were cooling it.. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Throtle Body

Thanks. I guess I'll put them back in just because they were there.(If you build it, it will run!)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts