Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How did you plumb it and what kind of regulator?I've done a search through the archives and found that the stock fuel rail has to be modded by cutting off regulator?My car is currently set up with -10AN from sump to rail.I'm looking to upgrade the current return (-6AN from reg.mated to stock feed(3/8) and mated to -8AN line to tank)to a full -8AN from reg. to tank.I know it's a weird setup currently(3 different sizes) on the return but I'm looking to fix that.BTW,I'm running an Aeromotive A11101(700hp forced induction)pump.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

powersix

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
If the return opening at the bottom of the regulator measures 1/4" that is where your bottleneck will be. You can run a 1 inch return and it will still be the same. I assume you are planning on running mid 9's or faster. If not then this may be overkill. Most just convert the supply line to the return and run new AN-8 or 10 supply fuel line. Make sure you remove the fuel filter or turn it around if you go this route.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.I had this crazy idea that my return line setup was not adequate for the -10 feed to the rail. silly on my part.Ed,you have a good one.

Alan

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I now understand and see that a -6AN or even using the stock feed(3/8) as a return is good for low 10 h 9.9x sec range.Thanks for the info. powersix

1 - 6 of 6 Posts