Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Turbocharged BrunoStachel
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't done one of these "dandies" threads in awhile. Plain truth is, I just haven't been looking. This one is for Jim S and the carb-turbo guys.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MONT...oryZ6171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The VIN shows this car staring out as a 81 MC with the carb-turbo engine. The exact number of turbo Montes have never been known but the goober who built this one is either going to hell or quite possibly in line for sainthood replacing the Buick motor for a Chevy, depending on how you think about. What's really sad is these turbo MC's were the fastest Montes built until the 1983 MCSS came out,and there might be some debate on that. Buick carb turbo-175HP. Chevrolet L69 HO 305-180HP. Give the turbo MC the same 3.42 gear and there would be no comparison. :6:

·
Resident Slut
5,477 Posts
It makes me sad/mad everytime I see a converted carbed car :( If you didn't like it sale it and get something else.... hmm I bought a 86 to work on the 83 and make it faster :eek!:

·
Carb/Turbo
1,615 Posts
Typical Chevy onwers don't understand tuning and computers. It's rip out the engine and go bigger. Headers, cams, dual exhaust, and jack up the back to stick on the biggest tires you can find.

Image if Chevy stuck with the turbo V6. A fast motor in a very popular monte SS body......

·
Dont visit foreign SITES
3,092 Posts
Alot of that mentality back in the day.
I have a hard time finding it a website by a GN enthusiast who worked at his local Buick dealer in the late 70's
He said the dealership was so anti turbo v-6 that if anyone ordered one that had to sign a waiver.
I guess some things dont change...
I dont think the General made a gas powered turbo engine since when? and SAAB doesnt count.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts