Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about purchasing a 1994 Yukon GT. What are the common problems with these trucks? Anything in particular I should look out for? Anyone have some links to any good forums?

Thanks

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
why not get a TBI pick up?

·
Village Idiot
2,543 Posts
We had a 1994 2 door full size Blazer and loved it. But for ease of getting kids in and out we got a Suburban. The tranny went up at approx. 90,000 (tranny shop said typical mileage) and the heater hose quick connect rotted in two. That was a real PITA because it is right beside the firewall. To this day my wife still regrets getting rid of it.

·
old skool
3,738 Posts
we have a 95 tahoe and i love it, throttle body engine with the late model dash! those tbi engines are pretty good imo!

·
Registered
389 Posts
I love fullsize blazers owned 5 of them over the yrs and always had to sell them due to MPG

now I live much closer to work so MPG doesn't really matter --I was searching for a 92-95 blazer with the plan to mod the hell out of it

then I seen my avalanche and the wife said get tha Av and don't mod it

kind of regret getting the Av due to the payment but it is fun and practical to haul the family

·
old skool
3,738 Posts
we may sell the 'hoe' because of gas milage! wife wants a midsize car!

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
the TBI motors are great. the gas milage though. i know someone with a tahoe with a vortec 350 getting close to 20 on the highway at 70-75. damn respectable in my book.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone for your input. :) It's not going to be driven everyday only for hauling large stuff and the family on occasions so a pick up is out. Are there any forums regarding these trucks?

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
forgot to mention they made a few with the diesel engine 6.2 or 6.5

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
there are 2 on ebay :yup: but if you get a 6.5td make sure you get a 97 and up. they had the stronger crank.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts