Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had my 87 gn now for about 6 months now and love the car but am looking for something more now. I've done some reading about the swaps and several articles on 3.8 turbo performance. Judging by the amount of power for the money a turbo lsx seems to be the way to go. What do you guys think abt the turbo Ls swap?

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
Do it !!!!!! CHEAP TO DO AN THEY DON'T BLOW UP !!! How can ya beat that ?? I'd go with a Turbo 400 trans as the 200R4 is a POS :yup:!! Let us know how it works out for ya !!:headbang:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was exactly my thinking not to mention the massive aftermarket backing compared to the turbo Buick. Every time I drive it i feel like I'm riding a razor edge I know these little v6s are tough but it's still a 20 year old n/a v6 running 20psi of boost

·
David
839 Posts
So I've had my 87 gn now for about 6 months now and love the car but am looking for something more now. I've done some reading about the swaps and several articles on 3.8 turbo performance. Judging by the amount of power for the money a turbo lsx seems to be the way to go. What do you guys think abt the turbo Ls swap?
I have been on the fence for a while.
The initial set-up won't be cheap but the long term abuse and HP per dollar ratio are much better with an LS engine.
After market support is crazy :headbang:
When i blow up my current LC2, ill go turbo LS and start blowing them up too.

·
Older than dirt
2,717 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Its not a gbody but saw this at a friends 50th

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Do it !!!!!! CHEAP TO DO AN THEY DON'T BLOW UP !!! How can ya beat that ?? I'd go with a Turbo 400 trans as the 200R4 is a POS :yup:!! Let us know how it works out for ya !!:headbang:
Dan somehow I get the feeling your just playing around in this post?? :wink:
Heck I can blow up any motor if i try hard enuf?? :cheers: :yup:

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
Dan somehow I get the feeling your just playing around in this post?? :wink:
Heck I can blow up any motor if i try hard enuf?? :cheers: :yup:

Well 99% of the guys I know say those motors never break :dunno: I am just passing information along :D The way I look at it if ya can't tune a little old V6 then how ya gonna do any other motor like the LS series :sw:

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Well 99% of the guys I know say those motors never break :dunno: I am just passing information along :D The way I look at it if ya can't tune a little old V6 then how ya gonna do any other motor like the LS series :sw:
LOL! I can tune a piano but I can't Tuna Fish! :D
That's for the Master Tuna! :wink:

·
Older than dirt
2,717 Posts
Just spend..

$3K and get one of the "self tuning", stand alone systems. WALA!! Drive for 15 mins, and by the time you get to the track, it's all done! Then, run 10's....:rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts