Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Why have one ?
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well it's 1:30 am and I just got back form Shannonville with a major road coffee buzz . and figure I'd post this seeing how I will not be going to bed for another couple of hours . :)

If your looking for a laid back small town Country Fair drag racing experience Shannonville is for you :). Despite it's short comings it's a pretty cool place . Good washroom facilities and avaliable food . the track prep and lay out of the whole thing is a little bit of a joke . For instance on my first run I literaly over shot the end of the track and return road and all most ended up in the tall grass . The end of the 1/4 mile is literally marked off with what looks like two 2' x 2' signs. and about less than 40" (need good brakes :D ) after that is the return road which actually feels like your on a Rally race track on the way back to the parking lot. when I came back to pick up my time slip , I asked another racer about it . his answer was "hit the brakes when you feel the speed bump at the end of the track" LOL :D . the place was packed with people just walking around everywhere drinking beer . in the stands , in the staging lanes , parking lots , etc .People just walking right beside or behind cars with a beer in their hand as the cars where in the burn out box . but all in all it was pretty good and I would go back .bonus was , a real nice easy 100km/hr short 1 hr 20 min drive .Big thanks to Woosh for showing up and hanging out :).

Best of 4-5 runs :

22-23 lbs Boost , 94 Octane mixed with 91/ NO RACE FUEL . 2.0 knock on the 1-2 shift , 0 knock WOT , EGT's - 1587 , 3 lbs boost foot brake launch . A "VERY" safe tune .

2.0011 - 60 ft :mad: maybe time for air bags or 60ft retard school :D .

12.19 - et

117.880 - MPH :)

MPH is there , I just have to work on my 60ft and/or on a better prepped track and I should break out of the 12's into the high 11's . maybe next time :D .

And everyone went home with HG's intact . :thumb_up: :)

·
fantasy tuner/investor
4,035 Posts
Tim's sure is a nice car, i should have bought it when i had the chance :mad:

Looks like racing on the street may be a bit safer than that track....ouch how can you stop? The 2' x2 signs at the end are real cute also. :crazy:

·
Why have one ?
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Woosh said:
Yeah, it was a fun day. I made couple of vids, with shaky hands...
KWIKR 1 http://www.big-upload.com/4465ac5e3bc4165a33e687e3b4be9d22
Paul B http://www.big-upload.com/0d281d2b04fe3826241a57cdff319a98
It was my first time to the track, and with trunk full of junk at 15 psi with no traction i did [email protected] :cool: :6:

thanks for posting the vid .odd, the time slip said 117.88 for the MPH as what was shown up on the board .Can't remember if it was the same run .oh well no biggie :) .

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Good MPH Tim but you Definately need the 60 ft Retard School with the tires you have! They will do a 1.6 - 1.7 all day long with some track prep but Beer isnt as good as Stickum for 60ft times! :D
Glad you had fun! :cheers:

·
Why have one ?
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
norbs said:
Tim's sure is a nice car, i should have bought it when i had the chance :mad:

Looks like racing on the street may be a bit safer than that track....ouch how can you stop? The 2' x2 signs at the end are real cute also. :crazy:
Thanks Norbs . I think I'm going to bite the bullet this winter and most likely get a WB from you :)

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Just came from Norbs & the LM1 & RPM converter is pretty neat! No direct Scan needed. Gotta go on the list! :yup:

·
Registered
734 Posts
I had an awesome time and it was great meeting you guys. KWIKR 1's car is spotless and Woosh's car is a real sleeper.

I need to make my car faster. I think my tune, or lack thereof, is leaving alot on the table :rolleyes:

·
Why have one ?
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Paul B said:
I had an awesome time and it was great meeting you guys. KWIKR 1's car is spotless and Woosh's car is a real sleeper.

I need to make my car faster. I think my tune, or lack thereof, is leaving alot on the table :rolleyes:

Paul , what did you think of the track ? and I like white TR's :) .

·
Registered
734 Posts
Well, it's kind of a strange experience having less traction at the track than on the street. My car would hook initially but I was getting massive wheelspin about 100' out. I still had a blast :cheers:

·
Registered
400 Posts
Hey guys,

Sounds great that you had a great time. I'm trying to open the video clips & my players seem to be missing a codec to read these. Any suggestions? I tried opening these with Winamp, Windows Media player, Quicktime and Real Player. No go on all of these. Thanks

·
Unregistered Abuser
423 Posts
These are mpeg's SVCD ntsc, should play on any player, try updating windows media player.

·
fantasy tuner/investor
4,035 Posts
Just a Six?? said:
Just came from Norbs & the LM1 & RPM converter is pretty neat! No direct Scan needed. Gotta go on the list! :yup:

Well i direct scan is still helpful for knock and mph recording and other stuff so you really need both!

·
decaf is for kids
410 Posts
Just curious,
what does it cost to run at Shannonville's 1/4?
-Andrew :6:

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
KWIKR 1 said:
$20 + $5 parking = $30

uuuuuhhhh 20 + 5 is like 25 eh.... :D

or is that shannonville schoolin.... cause them boys is too smrt fer book learnin.... :poon:

·
Why have one ?
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
More_Boost!! said:
uuuuuhhhh 20 + 5 is like 25 eh.... :D

or is that shannonville schoolin.... cause them boys is too smrt fer book learnin.... :poon:

fixed LOL . I was in a hurry trying to get out the door to the Brooklin Fair with the kids :) .But isn't it like this with these cars anyways ? always costing you more ? :D LOL . thanks .

·
Why have one ?
5,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Woosh said:
I only payed $15+$5 :eek!:

I thought it was $20 at the registration and $5.00 for parking. I guess your right . I'm getting old and my short term memory is not what it use to be :D :) .

·
Registered
188 Posts
KWIKR 1 said:
I'm getting old and my short term memory is not what it use to be :D :) .
Welcome to the club. :sw:

Alway's room for one more..... I think... can't remember. :confused: :wink:

"May all your ups and downs come only in the bedroom."

1 - 20 of 21 Posts