Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I finally was able to get the car down here when I left Missouri. I am thinking of going to get the F-Body radiator tomorrow and change my oil pan gasket, b/c its leaking. :( Other than that, the car is doing good, it made it down here and I got about 23-25 mpg. It was one hot trip with no A/C. :( Other than that I am happy to have been able to get it. :headbang:

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Good! it's nice to have ones own money pit! :)

·
Resident Slut
5,477 Posts
Charles,
Glad you got the car back down here..Now we are going to have to go to the track. :headbang:

·
Registered
105 Posts
charleslong said:
Hey guys, I finally was able to get the car down here when I left Missouri. I am thinking of going to get the F-Body radiator tomorrow and change my oil pan gasket, b/c its leaking. :( Other than that, the car is doing good, it made it down here and I got about 23-25 mpg. It was one hot trip with no A/C. :( Other than that I am happy to have been able to get it. :headbang:
Hi Charles,

I will be in WR in a week or two. Pm me your contact info :cheers: :usa: :headbang:

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ttype83 said:
Charles,
Glad you got the car back down here..Now we are going to have to go to the track. :headbang:
Sounds like a plan Jim :headbang:
I have my eyes on an older laptop that may just do the trick for my DS. I am making sure that I do things the right way before I start putting my foot in it good. :D :headbang:

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ROW87GN said:
Hi Charles,

I will be in WR in a week or two. Pm me your contact info :cheers: :usa: :headbang:
Hey man, are you moving here or just visiting? Whats the biz?

·
Resident Slut
5,477 Posts
charleslong said:
Nah, not quite everyone. :D Whats your name man?
His name is Jermey, I met him at Reynolds one night racing the 83 :headbang: We are going to have to set up a time when all of us can go..Evens, Jeremy, Chris (Topspeed), and all the southern GA guys. I'll also be going to the Z-Car event Sept 10th at Reynolds.

·
Registered
177 Posts
well i will have my car together hopfully by the end of the month, but she will not be race worthy. but she will be able to drive to the track and look ugly as she is good at that... lol

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ttype83 said:
His name is Jermey, I met him at Reynolds one night racing the 83 :headbang: We are going to have to set up a time when all of us can go..Evens, Jeremy, Chris (Topspeed), and all the southern GA guys. I'll also be going to the Z-Car event Sept 10th at Reynolds.
Thanks Jim, I finally got his name. We will have to set up shop at the track a couple of weekends this summmer. Who said that we only get one weekend. :D lol

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
TurboGN86 said:
well i will have my car together hopfully by the end of the month, but she will not be race worthy. but she will be able to drive to the track and look ugly as she is good at that... lol
I feel you man, my GN isnt race worthy quite yet either. But im working on it.

·
USAF retired
380 Posts
good to hear you got your car Charles. my medical got approved last week gonna be working at Northrup as an enginner starting in july.

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
So the head gaskets are still holding together? :D
I knew you'd end up replacing that radiator.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
instro84 said:
good to hear you got your car Charles. my medical got approved last week gonna be working at Northrup as an enginner starting in july.
Man dude, good for you. Dont let them low ball you on the salary. :yup: I knew and still know a few engineers there. I would check out the government personally, they will probably pay more starting off. Shoot me a PM, O congrats on the job also. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
chrisgarrett46 said:
O yeah Chris, everything is holding up great. The radiator isnt too bad, but you seen it for yourself. I ran it all day today and it never got above 200 degrees. I did install rewire and install a relay to the fan though. I will still swap the radiator, but I will probably wait, b/c I wont drive the car all that much until I get the oil leak fixed. Chris, my oil is leaking something terrible. :( I plan to replace the oil pan gasket and I will probably go with cork. My screws on the oil and transmission pan were all backed off before I got ready to bring the car back to Georgia. So I ended up having to tighten my bolts. I dont think I will have a problem with any leaks once I take care of this. I still had a problem with the car popping also Chris. I swapped out my coil pack and module, and the popping went away. The car just didnt pick up good, and there was a ping on the passenger side, I thought that it was loose bolts (which it was), but I tighten them. The sound was still there, but it wasnt as bad. So I pulled and replaced the exhaust gasket. This thing runs crazy man. I have the boost set to no more than 14-15lbs.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
chrisgarrett46 said:

O yeah Chris, you wouldnt know my car now. My mom had it painted for me as a surprise.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey guys, I did end up finding a laptop today to use, but I cant get my DS to work. When I try to load the software, it keep saying that DS hardware could not be found or something like that. Can anyone help me out?

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Jeremy let me use his turbo tweaks chip, and this thing made a pretty big difference in the way my car ran. The chip was burned for 42lb injectors and a 44. I have pretty much the same combo, with GN1's and a few other things. Eric, dont be surprised if you hear from me sometime in the near future.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts