Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
It's me, really
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought they left. Saw 3 tonight by my barn, their kids grew up. They haven't caused any harm yet but it's time for them to move on. I read mothballs and maybe ammonia near their den is a good deterrent; they're living underneath the barn. Any bonefide solutions out there I don't know of? Guns and dogs are not an option; not here in the suburbs anyhow. I don't want to hurt them, just go away. I can tell you this: a downspout is a good place to catch chipmunks. I've relocated a few of those little buggers already. It's like Dr. Doolittle around here.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I had ground hog problems 2 years ago. They dug under my paver patio :rant: I bought a high powered air rifle (single pump 1000 psi) I didn't want to shot my .22 in the city. Well the air rifle didn't work but a shovle did :yup: We scared them away a few times but they kept coming back. Got some live traps from the city but they wouldn't go in. Put a roman candle in the hole and scare them. That or hook a poipe to your car and then in the hole :dunno:

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Around here they still have Trappers. Neighbor had a problem with skunks moving in under her porch. I think the bill was about $60, for trapping and deporting them. BTW, the bait he used was Peanut Butter.....

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
sounds like an a paintball gun will do nicely :D , that or hot sauce or chilly hidden inside bread :yup:

·
Registered
22,915 Posts
Contrary to popular opinion, raccoons are avid readers. A few Raccoons Positively not Welcome Here! signs should be sufficient to drive them away.

·
Turbocharged BrunoStachel
4,813 Posts
I have the same problems more or less. *****,possum,deer,stray pets. It doesn't help that I give them water and feed them the dry dog food that puppy wont touch. The wife used to work with exotic animals. One time when I was visiting her at work a big cat sprayed me. Instead of trying to wash the clothes I just put them in the trash. The smell got to strong for the cans in my garage so I left them outside by the water and food buckets. Not one animal would come near that spot. Even the neighbors dogs got a wiff and would wimper and hide. Maybe get a big dog or something to mark the spot and scare them away.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Lemme get in on this as well and see if anybody has any suggestions on how to dissuade rabbits from hanging out on one's property. The dogs get *some* of them but my yard is constantly being eaten.....not to mention that I do feel kind of bad for the things when I find the occasional severed head on the porch.

·
Registered
22,915 Posts
DCEPTCN said:
Lemme get in on this as well and see if anybody has any suggestions on how to dissuade rabbits from hanging out on one's property. The dogs get *some* of them but my yard is constantly being eaten.....not to mention that I do feel kind of bad for the things when I find the occasional severed head on the porch.

Those are rabbit heads, right?

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Zap said:
Those are rabbit heads, right?
Mostly. The dogs go after Jehova's Witnesses, too.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
DCEPTCN said:

I just saw an ad for something to keep rabits and deers away from the garden. Think it was called liquid fence or something like that.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
I would rather have Raccoons living under my barn than Clintons or Kennedys :crazy:

·
Registered
22,915 Posts
RE: Clintons and Kennedy's: Bad Pests

I'd not hesistate to shoot those. Raccoons are kinda cute though. :cool:

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
yeah, you can feed ***** dog food...a few years of the clintons and kennedys, and we would be eating dog food. :crazy:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts