Where are my hands?
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Another great job of making my car just that much sweeter:headbang:

·
Where are my hands?
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bill had tuned my car about 3 years ago. He had it running perfect in stock trim. With a Walbro 340 and hot wire kit along with a TT chip for a stock step up.

He has been bugging me forever to upgrade to 60lb injectors and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator to bring it up just that one more notch.
Well with all the **** that’s been going on in my personal life I decided that now would be the perfect time to blow what little money I had left on Bill’s advice.

Now my goal with the car is to keep it as stock as possible but make it as reliable as possible as well.

I have to admit driving to Bill’s on Sunday morning I was thinking that the car runs so smooth how can it get any better. Well, let me tell you Steve it sure as hell did.

Bill replaced the injectors and regulator and put in the new chip. He hooked up the power logger and we went for a rip. Bill dialed the car in and I did a ton of hard launches. Even heated the tranny up a little, had to give it a rest.

The car now fires up like a new car, as soon as you turn the key she’s running. It idles smoother and the power across the rage is much smoother as well. It’s like Bill had a time machine and made the car new again.

I had the car out again last night with the cooler air and it’s amazing.

All the stock parts can stay in the garage in a box. The new stuff just woke up the beast.

Thanks again Bill, it's good to trust the guy who wrenches on your car

Now Steve for a guy who's TR is a Stock as mine Bill can make it just that much better and still be put back to stock if so wanted.

Cheers!

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Glad you are happy Mark

There is a big difference between 25 year old pintle style injectors and the
modern Delphi pencil style injectors, they really do help with Drivability

Also, now that you have the injectors, you can save up for that nice ceramic
ball bearing turbo....:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts