Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to run a te60 turbo on my new project i have a set of bosch oo9 injectors what els should go in this set up chip heads ect thanks for the help im new to the powersix thumb_up

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
any one !!! need help

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Hey! Give folks some time to wake up!

A TE-60 will be a little sluggish with a stock converter. Maybe some others can chime in as to what stall they are using and what they are happy with. I believe the TE-60 and TE-52 are equal and I am using a 2800stall with my TE-52.

It all boils down to what goals you have with the car. If you are looking for a street terror and like the bottom end power (like the stock turbo) the TE-60 isn't going to be your favorite. powersix

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks good morning i had to much coffie this morning. i have a 3000 stall covert i want a stupid fast street terrior low end tq dont real matter the car is going to be pretty light under 3000 with 200lbs of me in it thanks thumb_up

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
A 3000 rpm converter, especially, if it is a 9, or 9.5" diameter unit, will match up very well. A restalled stock diameter slips a lot and does not multiply torque as well once 2700-2800 is passed.

As long as you have a properly calibrated chip, you will have no problem with bottom end.

42.5s should be fine for that turbo as long as you watch the a/fs if you get up above 26# of boost.

A better innercooler will help....at a minimum, a stock ic with a big neck inlet, or an extended core stock ic.

Heads always help, but, not really needed unless you are going mid 11s or more.

No need for a cam until you hit mid 11s and then, one might begin to help. Guys have run into the tens on a stock cam and a big neck innercooler so you can save some of your money. :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have a dutwiller big neck intercooler is that suitable.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Yep, works very well...increases flow about 30% over the stock ic as I recall.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cool thanks for the info steve & orlando

1 - 8 of 8 Posts