Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
#1 - My tach is working, and lights up fine, but in park it shows that is idling about 1000 ~ 1500 rpm's faster that it should be. When I'm driving or step on the gas most of the time it red lines but I know that I'm not redlining it is just the factory gauge is not reading right. I would like to get this fixed without having to put an aftermarket one on. Boost seems to be accurate at this point. Any ideas on that?

#2 - my volt gauge is always on. The battery & alternators are working fine but the volt light on the dash is alway on. It is probably a ground or wire but would like to see if you guys can recomend me on where to start.

#3 - My domelight dimmer switch works but when I flip it all the way up to turn my lights inside the fuse blows all the time. I mean all the time, ONLY when I flip it all the way up to turn my interior lights on. Any ideas. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
The tach is a common problem. John Spina at Caspers Electronics can fix it.

Sounds like the alternator has a diode problem in the voltage regulator to me. Otherwise, the wire from the bulb to the alternator could be shorted, but, then, I think the alternator would not charge at all.

Does your dome light come on when you open the door? Sounds like the wire from the dimmer switch is shorted somewhere between the switch and the domelight.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts