Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the Ta49 Turbo are good enough for a stock GN. Does anyone recommand something else, because my stock turbo went bad and I need one soon. Dont know which one to get.

·
Registered
400 Posts
The TA-49 is a perfect upgrade from the stock turbo. This turbo works well with the stock torque convertor, has fast spool up. Good all around turbo.

------------------
1986 T-Type

Daily Driver
1991 Lumina Z34

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
For the street, the TA49 and its mate, the TE44 are the best turbos available and are capable of running down toward the mid 11 range when cranked up.

Before cranking one up, however, you need at least 36# injectors to keep up with the air flow.

They work well with the stock converter.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I bought one through Kirban. The compressor whell went, but all and all I love it. It deffinetly has more top end! I can feel it pull much more, and totally notice the difference! Hey Steve, I have the original injectors. I do have an upgraded fuel pump, and adjustable regulator. I'm runnin low thirteens( as far as I know). What should I up to. I want to run mid 12's with ease, but want great drivability. Goood gas mileage would help.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I think the 49 and 44 are great for all around performance. Unless a super deal comes along I plan on using a 49 on my Mazda and setting it up the same as the LTD..

Hank

------------------
Hank Terry
87 GN, 10.95 @ 125, race trim
87 Ltd, 11.42 @ 119, street trim & SMC AI
89 RX7 GTU > GN V6 conv in progress
http://turbocars.tripod.com (PowerMaster sales info & etc.)

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
I ran a T49 and Blue tops for close to 10 years. The ultimate street combination. Even if you had a chip made for it at K-Mart like Wendy it still woould run great

------------------
ED BAKER
87-T-TYPE, PT54,MSD50's,Crane Billet Roller,JE forged20over,P&P Heads,Manley valves,Hemco 65mm& Acu65TB,V2 FM, P.I.9.5 -7disc,Jimmys Trans, [email protected] boost.10's soon
93 PARK AVE"SUPERCHARGED"
67RS/SS350 CAMARO
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

·
Defender of the Universe
10,605 Posts
Originally posted by ULYCYC:
Even if you had a chip made for it at K-Mart like Wendy it still woould run great

WAL-MART!!! dang it.

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
I'm sorry Wendy I forgot, K-Mart only carries Hotair parts. Your one of us intercooled people

------------------
ED BAKER
87-T-TYPE, PT54,MSD50's,Crane Billet Roller,JE forged20over,P&P Heads,Manley valves,Hemco 65mm& Acu65TB,V2 FM, P.I.9.5 -7disc,Jimmys Trans, [email protected] boost.10's soon
93 PARK AVE"SUPERCHARGED"
67RS/SS350 CAMARO
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts