Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
The T-type package was available division wide on lesabre, electra, skylark and hawk, century, the GN was only on Regals and the 1986 LeSabre.

·
Registered
683 Posts
GN's have a much higher resale value! T-Types are available in different colors and trim packages. I TOO, HAVE BOTH and don't plan on ever selling either one as they are the best muscle car ever built! Gene

<small>[ July 02, 2003, 02:42 PM: Message edited by: ILBCNU6 ]</small>

·
Carb/Turbo
1,615 Posts
Brian Mc:
The T-type package was available division wide on lesabre, electra, skylark and hawk, century, the GN was only on Regals and the 1986 LeSabre.
OK, trivial pursuit time. crazy

"What Buicks were the first to wear the T Type name?"

<small>[ July 02, 2003, 10:33 PM: Message edited by: b4black ]</small>

·
Registered
609 Posts
i have a white t-type limited 1035 made and i have charcoal leather tinted windows .pretty good resale value.i'm trying my best to find a set of gnx wheels ,that will look really stealthy right.now i just need to get another gn so they can get married.(black tux/white bride dress)lol

11 Posts
I have a 87 Turbo T, its pretty odd in the fact
that it has no power equipment at all.
No power windows, locks no cruise control not
even delay wipers. It is charcoal gray with a gray gut. WO2 blackout trim. 90,000 mi.
Just bought it three weeks ago for $3,500.
Completely stock unmolested till now.

---------------------

GN's might have a higher resale in all years except for 87's. They made to many of them.
My boss has 87 GN with 26,000 mi. and a 87 Turbo
T with 34,000 mi.. He had them both proffesionally
appraised, The Turbo T is valued $1,000 more than the GN.
I also work on five turbo regals, three GN's and two Turbo T's. Ranging from high tens to low thirteens.

---------------

Luke I am your father! :cool:

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Man,you got a deal, SomethingEvil. I paid $6,000 for my '87 T, about 5 years ago. It had just over 100,000 miles. Moon roof, bucket seats, Concert Sound, stock mechanicals, and I thought it was reasonablly priced! The "T" is a better deal if you're buying, the GN is better if you're selling, and the GNX is best if you're collecting, IMO.

·
JR still sucks!
5,004 Posts
1987 Buick WE4 - 1 of 1547 - yes it's BLACK. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
"What Buicks were the first to wear the T Type name?"

I think the X-Body skylark in 80,81, or 82 the regals and Centurys and leSabres were Sport Coupes

:confused: powersix

<small>[ July 03, 2003, 12:24 PM: Message edited by: Brian Mc ]</small>

·
Registered
790 Posts
Honestly I think it is what you like. I don't get as many looks in the "T" as I do the GN. Thats a good thing when you are trying to avoid the police. :p Either way, for a good deal, I would pick up any Turbo Buick, 86-87 that is! I would like to find a nice WE-4 when money is no object. If and when I ever get married, I want all the cars there to be Turbo Buicks. Or at least some sweet ass rides. I might let an SVT Lightning in there. cheers

·
Registered
226 Posts
i would figure my 87 T' would be worth more than an 87 GN.cause they made roughly 20,000 GN's in 87 and only about 8500 T's in 87

1 - 20 of 24 Posts