Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I just got mine in the mail and I like it. What do I need to know about using it? I noticed that I can set the trigger to many different ways; what is the best? I also noticed I can have it give me an alarm(with a wave file of my choice) during a particular event. Can I set it so that it makes a noise when I get certain knock values?

I can wire the scanmaster behind the connector on the orange wire right?

Thanks.

...If you can believe it, I paid less for my PIII laptop than I did the T-link.

------------------
1987 GN 14" K&N, Accel yellow tops, adj. wastegate, adj. FPR, XP Armstrong hotwired, 160*-stat, Hooker 2.5" catback exaust, Thrasher chips, shift kit, trans cooler, vdo boost/oil/temp guages, scanmaster v2.1, Kirban's front/rear frame braces, Hotchkis lower control arms, variable rate rear springs, GNX wanna-be rims, and the rest is stock as far as I can tell...or too meaningless to list.

1987 Cavalier Z24 daily driver. 3-chamber flowmaster and 135db worth of stereo.

Shaun

[This message has been edited by shaunchrisc (edited September 28, 2002).]

·
Registered
154 Posts
shaunchrisc,

where did you get your laptop? I am looking to purchase one, but the prices I found are more than I want to spend for a low end pentium.

Joe

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just like everything else, deals are out there. I have been passively looking for one for a year now.

I got mine from a co-worker. She always let others borrow it; so it was full of problems. She bought the 3 year warranty; so I just had it fixed and I can do so until march of 2003. Lucky right?

There are plenty on e-bay or you can try and buy one from someone here.

Remember, you don't need much of a high end computer to run a T-link, but in my case, this computer is perfect because I can use it for school with software like autocad and maple.

Good luck on your search.

·
aka: mOtOrHeAd MiKe
6,603 Posts
I just bought one from the other board for $325+ shipping.

380 AMD, 32 megsoRAM, CD, etc. I have had T-Link 2.13 & 3.0 for months now, no LT tho. Been borrowing one from time to time. But it was never available when I needed it most.

As for the alarm function. Yeah, you should be able to set it up to beep or blare when it knocks... where is Ken Mosher when ya need him?

------------------
Michael Lis

87 Vortec SS -- 12.7 @ 110 w/ 1.9 60' (This car runs 12s on 87 octane)
Click Here To See Specs
87 Turbo T - 1986.99 WE4 Clone -- 13.7 @ 104mph w/2.2 60'
Click Here To See Specs
See the cars here:
Canadian Skunk Works

Originally posted by myclone
I see you have ODed on retardacylin today. Want me to call an ambulance?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Originally posted by 87gnjoe:
shaunchrisc,

where did you get your laptop? I am looking to purchase one, but the prices I found are more than I want to spend for a low end pentium.

Joe

Joe,
I looked for a while and found a good one on EBAY from MR2ndHand. I bought it in his online store.

It's a Pentium 233MMX, 4GB HD,128MB,20X CD,Floppy,AC adpater and the battery actually works. The only bad thing is you had to load a copy of windows yourself. But for $199 I thought it was a decent buy.

Good luck..

DSA

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thanks Guys,

I will keep my eyes open for a deal. $199 for a 233mmx is a very good price. Especially with a good battery!

Joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts