Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car feels like it has been dragging recently. It just bogs and lags and wouldn't shift right. I was going 55 and my rpms were at 3000. Could it be the PCV, or a blocked cat or somthing? I don't have the money to get it looked at right now, so maybe I will just buy a PCV and try that. They can't be too expensive. Thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
the pcv system vent the crank case if ignored it will blow out your gaskets and cause oil leaks
i dont think it would make it bog have u replaced your fuel filter latly the not shifting correctly could mean u need to change fluid and filter or your trans is going south ugh

·
MASTER GM TECH
676 Posts
yeah trans problem
my gn sits at like 2600 at 75mph
sounds like poss tcc problem no lockup??? dunno

·
Risky Business
6,409 Posts
3000 at 55 mph? That would sound like its stuck in 3rd gear to me.

My TCC lockup solenoid is due for replacment, which I havent bothered with yet. It kept sticking when I got off the interstate or prolonged highway driving when it got hot. I just unplugged it. (Plug on driver side of trans) It runs about 300 or so RPM's higher then normal past whatever the lockup point, but its better then tearing up the clutches in my new D5 converter. I'll gladly pay a little more for gas until I put a new solenoid in. :cool:

<small>[ November 24, 2003, 11:15 PM: Message edited by: GrndNatnl ]</small>

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replys everyone. Like my car, my computer has gone south as well. I have to be at my friends house to use the computer. Thats why it took me so long to reply. The car just keeps getting worse and worse! What does TCC stand for? Thanks again! schizo

·
MASTER GM TECH
676 Posts
tcc= Torque Convertor Clutch wink

1 - 6 of 6 Posts