Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddie broke his seat button the other day. We went to the junk yard and got what appeared to be the same switch from a Cutlas. They look the same...but are a little different. My friends Buick is an 86'. This car could have been an 84', for all I know. Is it the cr that made the switch different, or is it the year? Thanks guys! uzi :confused:

·
Turbocharged BrunoStachel
4,813 Posts
Looking in the parts book I see they have a 7 pin or an 8 pin switch listed. I think your 86 should take the 7 pin as they changed power seat motor styles for 87 which use the 8 pin. BTW these switches are only used on Buick Regal,Park Ave,LeSabre and Olds Cutlass. Your used switch wasn't from a full size Olds was it? Eric Fisher

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was from a mid 80's Cutlass. I don't know, but it seems like the switch had eight on it. It was the drivers side leather interior. Maybe that seathad a different switch cause it was big as heck. I doubt it, but can I still order these switches new?? Thanks!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I think I've seen these switches in the aisle at Pep-Boys,the next aisle over from all the cool neon lights and stickers..... George

1 - 5 of 5 Posts