Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far my best et is a [email protected] 1.78 60'. Using a larger pinion snubber, bilstein shocks, S-10 wheel cylinders, and soft shoes. Just wondering if you guys have any suggestions on mods to improve my 60' times.
Thanks!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm using the Nitto's 275/50's on a 15" stock rim.

------------------
Best ET= [email protected] 1.78 60' XP Pump, Hot Wire kit, 3" downpipe, Shift Kit, Nitto's, Pete Tomka's Cold air kit, Pinion Snubber, S-10 wheel cylinder's, soft shoes.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ET streets are also a bias ply tire, with a tube, they are prone to going flat. The nitto's will drive much better in the rain than the Et Streets, my local drag strip is 30 mins away. (E-Town)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Remove the front sway bar and add 90/10 shocks to aid in weight transfer. Poly bushings and boxing the control arms will also help. Track prep is crucial in 60' times. On a well prepared track, I've got low 1.6s on 275 DRs and mid/low 1.5s on slicks with air bags, boxed arms with poly bushings, S10 wheel cyl, no sway bar, 90/10s in front...and stock converter. Key is to leave with as much boost as the car and track will hold.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Right side airbag at 20 psi, run a spare tire and only run 1/2 a tank of gas. The theory is to weight both rear tires equally at launch. With a full tank of gas and no spare, the left side can weigh over 100lbs more than the right. At launch, the right side is further unloaded (I measured 60 pounds less at 3 psi using the track scale).

This 160 lbs difference is enough to start the right side tire spinning.

I was able to cut consistant 1.65 - 1.67 60 fts employing the above strategy with an ATR rear bar, pinion snubber, bag and stock old LCA's with low boost (bad brakes) foot brake launches.

------------------
UNGN
My Timeslips Page
My G-body Homepage

1 - 7 of 7 Posts