Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
eh whatever however its spelled.

anyone got any? i have a few mostly when it comes to racing. in the 8 years i've owned my fire suite i've NEVER washed it.

in the dragster always get in on the left side

i have more but cant think right now.

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yup :yup: not as fat though.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
i won't walk under a ladder, ( i'm an elevator mechanic ) the job is dangerous enough

·
old skool
3,738 Posts
i installed elevators with otis back in 1998. didnt like to travel!! good job though!! back to the ?, i hate it when a black cat crosses in front of the car! i make an X on the windshield! :yup:

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i freek out when think i broke a mirror.

·
prostitution for TR parts
1,477 Posts
Any time I do any major work on a car ( not routine maintenance ) I have to bleed. If I don't something will go wrong. My buddy didn't believe me when I was working on his car and didn't cut myself, within a week his trans went out. Good thing the car was still under warranty.

·
I got it figured out
5,272 Posts
Mine is I beat up Jim Rome only on days that end in "Y".

So far I have been pretty successful.

·
Resident Slut
5,477 Posts
firebird_1252 said:
anyone got any? i have a few mostly when it comes to racing. in the 8 years i've owned my fire suite i've NEVER washed it
Not to stand beside you when you are wearing it :crazy:

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ttype83 said:
Not to stand beside you when you are wearing it :crazy:
why does everyone say that?? its kinda washed when i'm out inthe rain with it. it really dont smell at all.

·
Turbocharged BrunoStachel
4,813 Posts
firebird_1252 said:
why does everyone say that?? its kinda washed when i'm out inthe rain with it. it really dont smell at all.
One of my pet peeves is JR dragster. Not so much that they waste a lot of valuable track time but because I always have to look at those poor kids standing around for long periods of time wearing those stupid firesuits. And its always 90+ degrees out. Probally were you picked up that bad habit. Do you ever notice that John Force is never seen wearing a brand new firesuit?

Anyway one of mine is to always eat a hotdog or brat from the concession stand before first round eliminations. I've never lost in the first round when I have. Probally because I've made a couple of thousand runs and could drive blindfolded if I have to.

One other weird one I used to believe in. When driving to the track on Sunday mornings my favorite radio station would play a track from Springsteens "Darkness On The Edge Of Town" album. Every Sunday morning they would do this. I remember it well because for some reason the other stuff they would play was all of the stuff I hated from the 80's. This was the only good song I would hear on the hour drive to the track. The one Sunday I didn't hear a Springsteen song was the day I didn't even get the car off the trailer because it wouldn't run. I never figured it out. Got home and it ran perfectly. I think it was a bad ground on the FP hot wire kit. Any way this went on for a couple of years before that station switched formats.

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
here we go with the jr's are a waste of "valuable track time" :rolleyes:

ANYWAY my last fire suite every time i washed it something bad happend. weather it be a clutch, bent frame :rolleyes: , messed up carb or fuel pump just something bad would happen. dont get me wrong bad things still happend but in the end things always worked out for me for the most part when something broke.

a big one for me is oil always put in on the standing on the left side of the car. not the front.

·
Legend in my own Mind
981 Posts
I was born on Friday the 13th.
My dad turned 13 yrs old on friday the 13th.
My brother would have been born on friday the 13th but the hospital was too full for a c-section so he was born on Monday the 16th.
I used to live across the street from a nieghbor that was born the same day I was and his son was also born on Fraday the 13th. Kind of crazy.

Does that count?

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lol nah thats just some freeky stuff there!

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
what can i say when your good looking you gotta look at yourself!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts