Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i got a sunroof that leaks alot around the front. i got new weather stripping on it and it looks good and lines ups good. but when it rains it leaks slowly and after awhile my whole front gets wet. does anyone have this problem with their sunroof ? any ideas what i can look at to stop this leak ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
badbuick97gn,
I just fixed mine last week. Did the EXACT same thing, except it leaked quickly. You are going to have to pull the headliner off and readjust the little 'brackets' in each corner of the glass. I did it while the whole sunroof assembly was out, but I was told that it could be done with the sunroof still in the car. The little 'brackets' that I am talking about are the ones that are in each corner of the glass, have 2 screws which are Torx (size T25). You have to loosen the brackets in the front 2 corners of the glass, have someone push up on the glass with a little force, then tighten the Torq bolts before they let it go. Mine leaked pretty bad, and the headliner was just replaced along with the sunroof weatherstripping. I havent had any water on the roof, so I hope it doesnt leak. Good luck and hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts