Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Cheeseball is a good assessment.

I have used their plastic oil pressure line without success.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Originally posted by Zap:
Anyone using these? Advance Auto has a three gauge pod (mechanical gauges) consisting of water temp, oil pressure, amps for 35 bucks. Just wondering if they are any good.

I agree with the rest of the comments, long ago when the company was Sun Systems they use to make some very good stuff, but since it was bought out and has become SunPro there quality has fallen a lot, I use to use the Sun Systems stuff years ago and at that time was one of the highest quality gauges on the open market but not any more.

Take Care

Neal

·
Omnipotent Poster
728 Posts
I was watching a movie on Sci-Fi channel where a woman was hanging from a helicopter shooting a rocket at a big mechanical spider. Something happened to the helicopter and fluid was leaking out. They had a closeup of a SunPro gauge that was dropping rapidly. So, if they use them in helicopters to battle mechanical alien spiders, they must be pretty good. Don't you think?

HTH

BTW: I have one of those I paid $20 on ebay for (but it's not officialy a SunPro, I can't remember what their called, but it's definitly the same thing.) I'm going to use the temp for oil temp instead of water. (soldered the bung in the oil pan already) But I haven't used it yet. Engine still on porch. Nothing but top notch for my megabuck project.

Oh, and after BFH's motorhome experience, I was planning on using copper instead of the plastic oil pressure line that came with it.

(This message is in it's pure, original, unabridged, uncensored virgin state.)

[This message has been edited by FastwClass (edited June 07, 2002).]

·
Registered
22,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
4,825 Posts
Advance Auto has a three gauge pod consisting of water temp, oil pressure, amps for 35 bucks. Just wondering if they are any good.
if they're reading "0" at rest, they should be perfect for your needs.

i mean, just how much temp, pressure and amps do you think a car that dosen't run will generate?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
No! Anyone would be an idiot to battle a mechanical alien spider in a helicopter, so...ipso facto...idiots must buy SunPro gauges. Maybe that means I should buy some?

Seriously! What are YOU gonna do just let the mechanical alien spiders rome freely?!

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Well you know what I always say, "When in Rome.......

·
Registered
22,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Slappagev6:

Find an Italian chick and squeeze her big bazooka's?

earl:

send Carolina a picture of yourself so he can have instant laughs when needed.

Prized:

Hey, as long as they don't bother me (stay in Texas or some other weird state) the Alien Spiders can do as they please.

[This message has been edited by Zap (edited June 08, 2002).]

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts