Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last time I showed up at Johns place my tires looked like I went 4x4ing, and I got a lecture from the man himself telling me the only dirt allowed on GN tires are burnt rubber :D This time I gotta make sure they're clean, so give me your suggestions for cleaning and polishing the GN rims, as well as products you use.

I was using an all-wheel-types turtlewax wheel cleaner that I usually put on and clean off almost immediately. I use Wesely's for the tires but that seems to haze them up, even after the tire-wet wears off.

I want to polish them this time too so they stop getting dirty with brake dust so fast. I do have some mothers wax/polish around I gotta see what it is exactly though - someone gave it to me as a gift.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I use Eagle1 All Wheel Cleaner (formerly A to Z). It is the only one I've found personally that doesn't haze up clear coated aluminum wheels. Works well on everything...just use a brush with it to really get all the dirt. Then use some Nevr Dull polishing wad on those chrome wheels and you should be golden. I haven't tried waxing chrome....since I have no chrome, but it worked well on the polished portion of my GTA's. The shine level actually dropped a little, but the brake dust didn't stick as bad and the otherwise unprotected aluminum took longer to tarnish.
But definitely Eagle 1 All wheel and the Nevr Dull...your wheels will be lookin good. Oh...I also like to use Black Magic Tire Wet. It isn't the longest lasting tire shine, but it doesn't spott your paint to sh!t when it flies off your tires like a lot of that crap does.
Now get to work....

·
nero v. 2.0
3,323 Posts
You are my hero! :cheers:

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
nero said:
You are my hero! :cheers:
Thank you, thank you....I offer autographs, but most people usually aren't happy to get them :dunno:

I owe the Nevr Dull thing to Jim C...

·
Registered
152 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
so give me your suggestions for cleaning and polishing the GN rims, as well as products you use.
:eek!: i'm quite surprised that cardood wesn't the first to respond to a thread about cleaning :yup: :D

·
Original Owner
578 Posts
05gixxerjockey said:
:eek!: i'm quite surprised that cardood wesn't the first to respond to a thread about cleaning :yup: :D

He is probably busy cleaning his cars :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts