Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Neigbours r sleeping?
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is it there when it does not work ~75 - 90 percent of the time?

I am subscribed to a few threads and do not get email notifications on most of them.

Then I come and login and then get blasted with some of them.

The whole point of subscribe is so a person can follow the thread without having to check the site all the time or that was the way it was intended.

AJ___

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Check all your settings cuz it works for me. There was a time my e-mail didn't allow stuff on many sites but it's fine now.

·
Neigbours r sleeping?
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check all your settings cuz it works for me. There was a time my e-mail didn't allow stuff on many sites but it's fine now.
Worked fine for years, I never changed any of the settings. They are not listed in my spam or any of my filters.

I just got from page four of the coffe time for the old guys and us newbies? I subscribed to the thread back on page 2 . . . As an example.

PM's are working fine get e-mail every time and almost instantly.

So it is not anything I have done.

AJ___

·
Just another kinky six
1,587 Posts
Haven't had an issue myself AJ so I don't know why you're having problems. It may be something with your email like David said.

·
Neigbours r sleeping?
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Been using my gmail account for years never had issue before.
Not having issue with any other subscriptions on other boards.

This does not mean there is not something wrong with gmail.

Will setup another account and test the theory out.

Thanks guys AJ___

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Log out for a min & log back in??

·
blank
2,898 Posts
You did check the spam box in gmail?

·
blank
2,898 Posts
ATTN MOD

Original poster above appears to be locked out now? (He can't post for himself)
Is this intentional? Any reason?

·
Just another kinky six
1,587 Posts
He already sent me a message santa. I'll see what's going on and get back to you.;)

·
Just another kinky six
1,587 Posts
My guess is that when you changed email it requires you to confirm again and either your email got blocked or got caught in a spam filter. I'll see about getting this straightened out but it may take a while.

·
Just another kinky six
1,587 Posts
My guess is that when you changed email it requires you to confirm again and either your email got blocked or got caught in a spam filter. I'll see about getting this straightened out but it may take a while.

·
Neigbours r sleeping?
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok able to post again, lets see if the subscriptions get through to the new e-mail.

AJ___

·
Neigbours r sleeping?
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You did check the spam box in gmail?

Been there; checked first.

As I said in the first post something is awry as it randomly sends out e-mails to my subscriptions.

Well shall see what happens with the new addy . . .

AJ___

·
Just another kinky six
1,587 Posts
It has to do with the Gmail account AJ. I get notification but I've had problems with TB other than PM's.

·
Neigbours r sleeping?
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Charlie

I got the e-mail at 4:19

TurboBuicks.com

Reply to thread 'Subscribe' - Dear $1987 GN$, B4turbo has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Subscribe - in
4:20 pm

Not starred

TurboBuicks.com

Action Required to Verify Email Change for TurboBuicks.com - Dear $1987 GN$, Since you have recently changed your email, we require that you verify your new email
7:57 am

This is when it was supposedly sent at 7:59 AM . . .

Never got to me till 4:19 PM during that time

I received 5 other and this is a new e-mail account.
These where sent at various times throughout the day from various parts of the world/network and all arrived within seconds to minutes of being sent.

AJ___

·
Just another kinky six
1,587 Posts
Just glad you got back on AJ.:wink: Can't tell you how the mail is routed so it may have been sent around the world, literally.:eek!:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts