Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Sick Sick Six
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When giving you guys the readings from my SM to help me diagnose a problem how should I get the readings?

Car warmed up and at Idle in park? Foot on brake?
Car off key turned? Etc?

I know it's a pretty a stupid question. I'm kind of figuring that it depends on my problem. I have a "Black Smoke" thread going.

I know the SM has a recall button, But I'm not positive in it's use.

:dunno:

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
The scanmaster will go into record mode if the TPS voltage exceeds 3.00 the scanmaster will record the highest retard lowest O2 readings which will be stored along with vehicle MPH that they occured at. These readings can be recalled as long as the engine is not turned off, just press the recall button and any recorded O2 Millivolt and retard readings will be displayed. And pressing the mode button while holding the recall button displays the MPH at which the lowest O2 readings and retard occured at.

·
Estimator
3,627 Posts
Go drive the car, come home, before turning car off, while it's in park. Write the number down that is on the screen, this is the O2 reading, then hit the left side button, write the two or three letters down and the value beside it. Do this (hit the button on the left side) routine untill you get all the values. Hope this helps.
Chuck

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
where is your problem- cold idle, warm idle in park, warm idle in drive, wot, cruise.........

id do warm idle in park just to see if you have any major problems, then if theres a certain problem your having do it at that too

·
Sick Sick Six
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Black smoke at WOT

1 - 6 of 6 Posts