Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've posted earlier about a no start condition, I have replaced the crank and cam sensor, ignition module, coil pack, mass air sensor, and checked pretty much everything else I can think of. The car would not start until the last thing I did was unplug the mass air and it fired up. So I put a new one on it and drove it down my driveway today. It was low on tranny fluid so I put some in it and started to drive down the driveway for a 2nd time but when I put it in gear it stalled. I figured maybe I over filled it so I started it again and reved it up a bit and it took off. I got to the end of my driveway and it stalled again but restarted. When I went to take off it quit once more and wouldn't start. I preceded to push it back to the garage where I hooked up the battery charger. after about 10 min. I tried it and it fired up. By the time I put the charger away it quit again, and wouldn't start, I checked the plugs and they were not getting fire once again like when I first bought the car. I started playing around with the wires at the ignition module and it again started so I thought, it's a short. Nope, it quit again before I could even mess with the wires, but as I was listening to the motor with the key on after it quit, about 4 or 5 min, I heard the injectors pulse and it started. It quit after it ran again for a couple min. I'm thinking something is getting hot and shutting the engine down but I have no idea what?? I have replaced about everything. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had tried a new computer before I actually got it running but that didn't solve my previous problem which was a crank sensor. Now I'm starting to wonder if maybe the computer was the initial problem?

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Whats the fuel pressure set at & does it drop down when the car quits?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, I tried a computer and a new ignition module again, nothing! I checked the fuel pressure at the rail with the key on and it's about 35 or 36. I also replaced the oil pressure switch. Nothing.....it won't even start now. I still get no spark to the plugs when cranking. What the heck is up???

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Are injectors firing? get a noid lite on them to be sure. I dont know much about the hotair cars but they all need the same 3 things to start. try reading the No Start Tree on Vortex Buicks & also the Hotair section may have more specific info on TurboBuick.Com

·
TURBOCAJUN
280 Posts
If you are having to charge to battery, I would check the voltage, the alternator may not be putting out the correct volts, check the difference in volts when running and when it kills. just my 2cents

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.