Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Fairly Crazy
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll keep it short and simple.

At highway speeds, car stumbles under light acceleration... like quarter throttle and under.

Any more throttle, it accelerates fine but I get 1-4* KR on the Scanmaster... which I never used to get.

Plugs are new this spring(Delco 43s), only have 3k on them. Wires are three years old, around 5k on them.

Ideas?

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
MAF numbers good? Unplug cam sensor & see how it runs?

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
Ideas...sure. Quit being such a girl and order a Precision CEA 6262 and match it with that 16930 you've got layin' around collecting dust. While you're at it...warm 'er up...and post your SM numbers. KR makes me think the fuel pump has gone south. If that's the case...put a crowbar in your wallet and order the Racetronix hanger and pump combo. Nice piece...and it's plug-n-play.

·
blank
2,898 Posts
Sounding like a broken record Norbs :)

Cost nothing to stick a fuel pressure gauge on the rail and see,
the problems during low demand make iit sound like something else?
You guys are are the experts.

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
Whats the power logger showing for 02? Whats the wide band say? :sw:
What's the XFI say? Traction control turned on?

·
fantasy tuner/investor
4,035 Posts
Sounding like a broken record Norbs :)

Cost nothing to stick a fuel pressure gauge on the rail and see,
the problems during low demand make iit sound like something else?
You guys are are the experts.
If you dont have a wideband you will be a student of school of hard knox 101..... Beachbum got an A++ last time out..:yup:

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
If you dont have a wideband you will be a student of school of hard knox 101..... Beachbum got an A++ last time out..:yup:
Erics chip was on the default settings...it was a mechanical failure. I run my turbo tuner style. The vacuum hose between the port and actuator collapsed...and it overboosted...plain and simple. The other engine failure I had was caused by a piston pin coming loose and going through the cylinder wall. Da`Bum don`t need no stinkin`WB.

·
Fairly Crazy
997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thinking it could be a bad torque converter clutch for the low RPM stumbling... because it has acted up in the past where it locks up super prematurely (like 50-60kmh)... but still kind of puzzled why when I get into it a bit more there is KR. Possibly false knock caused by the TC issue?

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
TC locking up will throw a load on the engine...causing KR. Take a good hard look at those headgaskets hanging on the shop wall.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Without proper data you will be chasing your tail , buy some logging tools.......
I say BS,all the logs in the world don't make the tuner:rolleyes:You need seat time and track time.You have to know the car and the combination.It sure helps to have strong basics also.I go to the local dyno shop and watch all these lap top gurus and they still can,t make any HP.I had the pleasure of watching Jim Oddy tune 2500 HP by reading spark plugs,eventually he had a data log also BUT always watched the plugs,bearings and valve lash.He was a tuner:yup:

Kevin

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
Without proper data you will be chasing your tail , buy some logging tools.......
Every tuning tool on the planet...and how'd ya' make out with that Stage 1? Two words. Epic fail.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Coil pack breaking down ??
Philip, why not come by and try the coilpack from my car? It runs fine, so try this before spending any money. We used to do this often with the local guys and it worked well with many guys finding problems withouth spending a penny.

Take care,

Ravi:cheers:

·
aka: mOtOrHeAd MiKe
6,603 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
stumbling proplem

Seems like you answered your own question... pay someone else to fix it or haphazardly throw parts at it for you.

Seriously though: Air. Spark. Fuel. Start there.
Seriously! Is there somthing wrong with you , I have't work on this car almost 5 years, So go do some thing else,I think that monte carlo of yours needs some more welding beads on those turbos.what a joke you are.Get a life and leave me alone.

·
aka: mOtOrHeAd MiKe
6,603 Posts
Oh Jesus... the panties are bunching.

If Philip doesn't want to analytically work his way through the problem using the correct tools (as Norbs suggested), and wants a simple online fix without ANYONE having direct access to the car to diagnose it; then (as I suggested) he'd better roll it back over to National Racing to have Dan (and Brad?) fix, or at least try to fix, it for him for the first time in 5 years.

Otherwise somebody will need to reignite this community (as Ravi suggested) and get to fixing each others problems like we did years ago to avoid Ken Seggie's absurd charges or anyone else trying to profit from this niche market.

Dan, I really couldn't care less about your business dealings... so you can cease with the ad hominems and try not to over react anytime your business is mentioned.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
motor stumbling

Oh Jesus... the panties are bunching.

If Philip doesn't want to analytically work his way through the problem using the correct tools (as Norbs suggested), and wants a simple online fix without ANYONE having direct access to the car to diagnose it; then (as I suggested) he'd better roll it back over to National Racing to have Dan (and Brad?) fix, or at least try to fix, it for him for the first time in 5 years.

Otherwise somebody will need to reignite this community (as Ravi suggested) and get to fixing each others problems like we did years ago to avoid Ken Seggie's absurd charges or anyone else trying to profit from this niche market.

Dan, I really couldn't care less about your business dealings... so you can cease with the ad hominems and try not to over react anytime your business is mentioned.
Yea i could't care less about you and a few other people on this board.And for Ken Seggie he could't diagnose a o2 sensor problem that's why hes not in business anymore,Trust me Brad and i have no problem fixing these cars with no help.Next time leave me out of your B/S thanks.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.