Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK here it is. My front bliker light on the passanger side of the car went out so I replaced it. It still didn't work so I walked around the car and noticeted that one of my taillights was out so I replaced that. It still doesn't blink. I turned the lights off and it blinks very dim and very fast. Also I noticed that if the car is off but the keys are in the ignition that when I turn the blinker to turn right that the door locks go to open and it sounds like the fuel pump is starting this doesn't happen when I turn the blinker to make a left turn. When I set the alarm all the lights blink as they should. The doorlocks and the alarm are not factory but ever since I had them installed 2 years ago I have never had a problem. What could possible be the problem now? dunno :mad:

·
Omnipotent Poster
728 Posts
Since noone has replied, I'll give it a shot. I bet when you had those things installed they changed the blinker fluid to synthetic. This will eventually ruin your whole electrical system and reprogram your computer. Go to the parts counter and ask them for some dyno blinker fluid and a new filter. They will know what you mean.

HTH

·
Registered
284 Posts
Remove the lower part of your dash, and get that alarm out into the open. Unplug every harness going to the alarm, and see if you still have the same problem.
The only way your turn signal stalk and your locks could be attached would be through relays(built in or otherwise) inside the alarm.
Worth a shot, if I'm wrong you are out 10 minutes.......

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Could be the alarm...I would bet on the ground, myself.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FastwClass:
Since noone has replied, I'll give it a shot. I bet when you had those things installed they changed the blinker fluid to synthetic. This will eventually ruin your whole electrical system and reprogram your computer. Go to the parts counter and ask them for some dyno blinker fluid and a new filter. They will know what you mean.

HTH
I knew I was going to get a reply like this from someone. yup But they just looked at me like I was crazy at the auto store. ugh I changed all the bulbs and checked the fuses and it is still happening I'll check the ground for the alarm when I get home but I don't think that it is the alarm because that works fine.

<small>[ April 11, 2003, 12:38 PM: Message edited by: turbojitsu85 ]</small>

·
too many toys
1,206 Posts
More than likely it is the alarm doing this.Your alarm is tapped into the parking lights and door locks.Any back flow of voltage through the alarm brain could easily trigger your door locks.Also check the grounds.If the voltage cant ground in one place it will try another(path of least resistance)As said above start by removing the lock harness from the alarm and see what happens.Then get back to us.By the way,what brand of alarm is it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts