Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever have the stock LED tach stop working from installing a Thrasher 93 with anti-thift? I had just installed a Walbro 340 and hot wire kit, adjustable regulator, and fp guage. I had tach with the stock chip and after installing the Thrasher only the first LED is on reguardless of RPM. The boost leds are working. And yes I know it's not accurate and crap anyway, but I want it to work just the same.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I know that one. I did use the fp lead to drain the tank. Where is it getting the signial for the stock tach from? ECM? I guess I could hook up T-link and see if its getting the signal from the aldl. I'm guessing its not getting signal because I have the first led on. I tucked the tach and fp leads kind of under the bundle right behind the alt, if the tach lead were touching ground you think that might do it? Something to check when I get home.
The good news is after a little test drive I kicked it in WOT to about 70, boost peging out on the stock leds and no detonation. But man when I let off of it quick it sounds like a big rig turbo downshifting. Baaaraaaaraaa. Not used to that since I got the MAF pipe and K&N.

[This message has been edited by Buick T (edited April 30, 2002).]

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
That sound grows on you!

No, the tach signal comes off the ccci (coil)....look on the coil connector, you will see a white wire about four or five slots from the end. That is the tach signal. It goes from there to the test lead and then back to the big firewall connector under the brake booster. Then it goes up to the tach in the dash...probably goes on to the ecm....have not checked that part.

I don't see anything else you could have done to affect it.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
Originally posted by Buick T:
The good news is after a little test drive I kicked it in WOT to about 70, boost peging out on the stock leds and no detonation. But man when I let off of it quick it sounds like a big rig turbo downshifting. Baaaraaaaraaa. Not used to that since I got the MAF pipe and K&N.

turbo fart!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts