Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to my VDO boost gauge my car with stock chip is only pushing 10 pounds of boost, i just installed a adjustable wastegate and i was wondering what the stock boost pressures are supposed to be?If my gauge is accurate than i don't think i am doing too bad by running a best of 13.77 at 98+mph.

------------------

·
I want a Z06
6,024 Posts
Ummm No way did you run 98mph on 10lbs of boost.

Your new gauge is way off or its not hooked up right.

I think they ran 12-14psi stock and then they only ran like 94-98mph.

------------------
Mike Schoenfeld

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well thats what i am trying to figure out, i don't think the hose is kinked because the gauge responds immediately and also i installed a modern muslecar greenstripe 93 octane chip and it was showing 17+ pounds of boost but the car was surging so i took it back out for now also i do have the following mods and that 13.77 run was done in very cold weather.Which way do i turn the actuator rod to get more boost i figure counterclockwise just to save myself from some trial and error.

------------------
87 Turbo T w/ 25k, 160 stat,k&n replacement filter,hooker dual exhaust, 237 regulator,passenger side breather, auburn posi,GNX style 8 gauge dash cluster, braces and bushings, kybs,

·
Registered
345 Posts
98 mph at around 10 psi of boost is pretty good, but isn't beyond the realm of possibilities with your mods, considering the low mileage of the car (if you have a gutted cat to go with that exhaust)

I wouldn't question the boost gage, yet.

A low mile stock car with stock boost (14 psi), a good chip and a free flowing intake and exhaust can run low 13'[email protected]

Stock rod length is about 5.25" from the face of the actuator to the hole. For every .050" shorter (or longer, to a point) its about a lb of boost (assuming 1/4-20 threads)

I use 6" calipers to measure mine to give me a rough idea where I am when changing out parts.

------------------
UNGN
My Timeslips Page
My G-body Homepage

1 - 5 of 5 Posts