Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
GN N00B! :(
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got the walboro 340M replaced with a deatschwerks 300lph pump, and heres what happend. Same combo as my sig, TE62 on 15PSI boost pressure. With the old 340M, it was making funny noises and getting pretty loud (sign of a dieing pump) and instead of 11.6-11.7afrs @ WOT with 22PSI it was dipping into the 12s on AFRs. So backed the boost down to 15psi till I replaced the pump. With the NEW pump @ 45PSI fuel pressure, I got a 13.2AFR @15psi boost and heard a pop out the exhaust so I let out of it. 45psi line ON pressure mind you not off. So Im stumped...have no clue what to do to from here. Do I need to just up the pressure on the pump till the AFRs richen up or....? Id like to get the car to a shop and have it REALLY tuned, but whos even close to 46516 these days? Any ideas?

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
Those injectors are on the small side for that turbo I would think.

Also how is your fuel "system", ie. the fuel filter, when was it changed? Is the fuel pressure rising 1 to 1 with boost? Any fuel line leaks that are keeping the fuel from getting to the injectors? How old are the injectors themselves?

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Both those pumps if working correctly will easily handle low 12's so start checking what Paul posted. I'm pretty sure Walbro pumps have gone 10's when the car has the supporting mods & is tuned properly.
Grumpy would have a good idea of the limits for a Walbro. :yup:

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Those injectors have been in the 11's but they are finicky. They have a tendency to run rich under low load and lean up high unless you have a very good chip. With the limited info we have, my guess is the injectors. Put some 60's in there!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.