Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
stiffer rear springs that are 1"taller is that good or bad for my car with 275/60/15's .that's if those tires will fit anyway without rubbing? :)

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Stiffer springs will not transfer weight as well.

Is your car sagging in the rear?

I would have thought the 275/60s would have fit perfectly on your stock wheels so I will be iterested in DADMOMCAT's reply to my question about b.s.

I have the Eibach lowered springs and I can get 275s under there on a 4" b.s. I thought T wheels were closer to 3.75" b.s?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it does'nt seem to be saggin.STEVE, do you think two rear BF GOODRICH radial ta tires would serve for a good street tire?i have 4 of those now ta's now and that is why i'm thinking of going with the 275's in the radial ta for the backs.allthough i think those NIITO drag radials are really nice ,i just don't think they would last long on the street. :)
ps:my car does seem to sway from side to side when driving .i'm hoping that fatter tires will help reduce that dangerious OCEAN effect i have just monroe cheapy shocks on the car.

<small>[ June 29, 2003, 03:33 PM: Message edited by: white shadow ]</small>

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Personally, I think TAs are crummy tires and don't handle worth a darn. Got them on one car. Nice and cheap, that is their main benefit.

Better shocks will help that ride a lot as well as a bigger rear bar.

For the money, KYB shocks are hard to beat...

Depends upon the burn outs, but, the Nittos are probably good for about 8-10,000 miles.

One caution, the 275/60 is about 28" tall compared to the 26" tall stock tire. Speedometer will be reading slow.

275/50s are about 25.8" so they are virtually the same.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i guess i'll just get the nitto's then ; in 275/60 because i liked my friends car with them on his GN they filled the opening really nicely. :) :)

·
Premium Member
4,825 Posts
white shadow:
ps:my car does seem to sway from side to side when driving .i'm hoping that fatter tires will help reduce that dangerious OCEAN effect
it will make it MUCH WORSE. when i changed over i went from 225/60 comp TAs to 275/50 radial TAs the drive home from work on the interstate felt like i was wagging all the way home. when i got my GN wheels widened 1" i think it got better, but i went a long time without driving the car during that time. (it was getting painted and took over 10 months to get it back on the road). it's not that bad, i might have just got used to it. they're bald now and i'm thinking of going to 295/50's.

earl

<small>[ June 29, 2003, 11:29 PM: Message edited by: earlbrown ]</small>

·
Shaker X
1,630 Posts
ps:my car does seem to sway from side to side when driving .i'm hoping that fatter tires will help reduce that dangerious OCEAN effect i have just monroe cheapy shocks on the car.
Here's my $1.98 on the subject...

The taller side walls on the tires are contributing to the "fish tailing". The taller side walls are flexing and folding over. If you look at any Sports car that is designed to handle (Vette/Viper) they all have a low profile tire for that very reason. wink

You may also wanna take a peek at the bushings back there. They may be old and have some give to them as well.

...and for good measure I'll throw Bilstiens into the conversation :)

Racer(thinks sloppy rearends are gross even on women) X

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i'll check the bushings ,i'll probably change them .
right now my car is running on radial 215/65-15 's all the way around .monroe shocks (blue ones) they are useless and my right rear tire is soft so it's probably all that combined ;that's my problem ,then the stock 7inch wheels are'nt helping either.lol
i'm going to buy two nitto's for the rear 275/60-15 get 4 kyb (jelly's) shocks and new bushings . :)

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Wider wheels would help. Sidewalls can act "tall", when they're on a wheel that's a little too narrow. They "wiggle" less when the wheel extends out to the edge of the tread. You can see it when the sidewalls look "fat", because they bulge out from the wheel.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Go with the 50' series tire! I think it looks like crap when the sidewall is too high. Plus like Steve said, it will throw off your speedo. 275/50/15 wil look bangin' on your car, and they will fit perfectly and you will have less deflection! I think you will be pleased with te end result. yup

1 - 10 of 10 Posts