Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to Find a steering column steel cover or shield for an 87 GN I'll be getting shortly. All I could come up with was this one.

http://www.affsave.com/stead.htm

I know I have seen better ones but can't remember or find them. Anyone have any Input? I would love any ideas or links. Thanks guys! powersix

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
JCWhitney has a good one. I think it's only about $40. powersix

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could you please give me a link. I couldn't find it! frown

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
I couldn't find it on the JCWhitney site either. I know they used to sell them. On the other hand I was at a Dyno seesion at KDK Performance over the weekend and saw one in their inventory. There number is 407-298-2706. Class act folks down there... It may have even had the power six logo on it, can't remember... powersix

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Got mine from Dennis Kirban. About $40

·
Carb/Turbo
1,615 Posts
I just installed the steadfast and give it a big (Hey! we need a thumbs up icon!).

I like it. Easy to install, looks OK, doesn't get in the way and permanent. I don't know about the $40 ones, but I bet you put them on and take them off each time you use them. That would suck.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
I like the system they use in South Africa. A flamethrower mounted under the car. If you try and open the door you become a crispy critter.
There was a picture floating around about this a few years ago. Cool picture, I mean hot eek!

<small>[ June 24, 2003, 01:26 PM: Message edited by: ULYCYC ]</small>

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow, that's some great information! Thanks a lot guys! I found the JC whitney one in their catalogue. It's huge! I think the Steadfast one is the one I have seen before. It looks like it fits really well. The link that Steve Wood Posted shows a much better picture then the one I saw before. I'll call KDK Performance on Wednesday. I like that Air tazer as well. I wonder if it's legal in California? Any ideas? On a side Note, Sean Penn lives about 1 Hour from me and his Gn was stolen, also had handguns in the glovebox. Can you say whoops! I'll see if I can find the article again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts