Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So appartently the block that was in my WE4 was .040 the shop didnt check the bores told me I had to get the block bored so I ordered .030 pistons. I thought I had a standard block when I dropped everything off. So now I have a balanced rotating assembly and no block. Im really more upset at myself than anything right now I should have looked closer at the cast pistons that were pulled from the block.

So anybody that has a block laying around that can be bored .030 over give me a call or a PM. Also if anybody is going to BG let me know there is a couple for sale down there too.

Stefan

·
Will Boost 4 Boobies!!!
2,768 Posts
That's Josh. He is one here- same screen name. I have his cell # if you need it Stephan. PM me if you do.

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Call MAR today they told me they got a block for me and it's out getting bored and honed. Should be back soon! Need to give a Thanks to Jeff there for coming through just swapping my block with the new used one for no cost. Got most of my parts all ready for when she comes back. Im going through some serious Turbo withdraw!!

Stefan

·
car crazy from birth
729 Posts
Call MAR today they told me they got a block for me and it's out getting bored and honed. Should be back soon! Need to give a Thanks to Jeff there for coming through just swapping my block with the new used one for no cost. Got most of my parts all ready for when she comes back. Im going through some serious Turbo withdraw!!

Stefan
That sounds like a "bad news (withdrawal)/good news (block work underway)" scenario.
Nice that you got a block, for sure. Hopefully soon the good news will overcome the bad...
Mark

·
Estimator
3,627 Posts
Stefan,

Any updates ???

Chuck

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The motor will be ready on monday. Its all assembled just waiting on the timing chain. The shop was doing a valve job and seals on the heads yesterday. I should be able to get it on Tuesday I'll have pictures on FB now just have to get an engine stand to borrow.

Stefan

·
Buick Turbo Performance
2,058 Posts
Ill be around most of today and tomorrow your welcome to borrow my stand. Give me a ring before you head over

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.