Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, as some of you know I am moving to a new home in the spring. I have decided to clear alot of my inventory instead of moving it all. I want some input from the board about what everyone thinks is best for everyone to see what they need. Should I make a huge list and post or would an open garage sale be better? Better to put prices on things or do an open market style haggle sale? What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
In my opinion... if you want to do this the you should maybe host a get together with the guys and invite them over... we all get to hang out and see buick stuff and maybe others can bring stuff to sell or trade or something.. just saying...might be good idea. Maybe others can chime in.

:6::cheers::6:

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
sounds like a great idea personally. Lets wait to see if people chime in... seems like a great idea to put a get together with a swap meet thing. Been a long winter... lets see if we have interest.

:6::cheers::6:

·
Where are my hands?
436 Posts
I like the swap meet/garage sale idea.

I know I would end up coming home with a bunch of stuff.

·
Darth your car is ready!
326 Posts
Garage/swap meet sounds like a great idea!:cheers:

·
aka: mOtOrHeAd MiKe
6,603 Posts
When we moved to Ottawa I had to unload a lot of stuff that I didn't think the Army was going to pay to move (silly me: turns out there wasn't going to be an issue...). So, I listed everything I had for a quick sale to avoid dragging it across the province. I got rid of 90% of what I needed to this way. IMO, you have to be realistic and cut your losses... or pay to move it - either way it is going to cost you.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I would be up for it, I need so advice from you turbo buick guys anyhow.:D

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Post a short list of what you have . :)
You first Tim, do you have anything even left..LOL..

We need some replies here if enough interest and we will make it a late winter get together if the guys are interested... either way lets see what the thought is.

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Hey Chris,

A garage sale / open house would be a great idea! Count me in!

I'm sure that alot of the GTA crowd would attend and grab a bunch of parts.

Maybe if it was made a "swap meet" it would be even better.

dave

·
Why have one ?
5,676 Posts
You first Tim, do you have anything even left..LOL..

We need some replies here if enough interest and we will make it a late winter get together if the guys are interested... either way lets see what the thought is.

:cheers:
You obviously hanent seen the room in my basement . im sure i could togther a box or two of decent stuff if i had to . :D :)

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
I'm sure I could scrounge up 1-2 items that may be of interest to the swap meet crowd?? :D

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have alot of the weird stuff that many throw away. Trim in many different colours, heater boxes, heater controls, steering column parts, engine brackets, front and rear lamp wiring harnesses, in car harnesses, suspension parts, sheetmetal, frames, wow..... it goes on and on! I would say I have dismantled at least 30 g bodies over the years and have owned at least 20 TB's. I'm now down to 5 from 8 last year! I'll need a couple good days weather wise to pull everything out in a manner which people can actually see and touch the parts :)

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
I've been away from the board lately (working) but I would more than likely attend a swap meet depending on my work schedule. :yup:

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Hey Chris,

How's the move going? Hope you're in to the new place by now.

Any news on when this shindig is gonna be?
Spring is here and summer will be upon us before we know it.

I know I've got some extra stuff I'd like to get rid of too, so a garage sale / swap meet would be welcomed. That way all the local turbo buick community could buy some parts & get rid of some at the same time!

Any date or tentative date that we could throw out there?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I would say probaly near end of May as I need some time to sort through the stuff and get it ready. I was thinking maybe do it at my shop on a Sunday so there is sufficient parking and I can put some tables out or use my car trailer to put the parts out.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts