Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a hot rod car show the other night, and I noticed a lot of the participants were spraying their cars and wiping them down. What kind of stuff is it and is it safe? I always assumed that you couldn't wipe down a car that wasn't just washed. Anybody use these wax sprays?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
It's most likely spray detailer which is used to keep a cleaned and waxed car looking good.

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
william brophy said:
It's most likely spray detailer which is used to keep a cleaned and waxed car looking good.
But how can they use it after driving the car? Doesn't it scratch the paint if the car is dirty/dusty?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Next time you are at the parts store look the stuff over, all the big brands, Mothers, etc. carry this stuff.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
So far, for me, Maguiar's Quick Detailer beats them all.

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
This stuff is the best:
http://www.specialadditions.com/store/proddetail.asp?prod=DWG-UltraIon

It's designed to replace washing your car with water. I don't know how the dirt and dust doesn't scratch the paint but it really does not. You just spray it on, rub it in and then wipe it off with the special microfiber towel. This stuff is hard to sell because there are so many snake oils out there, but once you show someone how it works, especially on a Buick they usually buy it. It works that well.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
my GN has not been washed in 8 years. This is all I use. I use a special spray sold locally by a guy in Philly. USA auto supply. The very best $$ can buy. SOOOO much better then anything you can buy at stores..

now I also use spray wax on my other new car. That has not been thru a car wash in 6 months. I use Eagle one wax as you dry. Very good stuff..

·
I piss excellence!!!
1,883 Posts
Yes, ICE is a great product. I have tried mother and meguiers(sp?) and ICE is the best.

And like stated above you only use these products after the car has been waxed and needs a quick once over.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I use Lemon Pledge. It works very well as a detailer, especially if you can find it in a trigger spray. It actually repels dust and fingerprints. It's also cheap when compared to automotive type products. Water beads on it too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts